trackdays for beginners

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Aye a mate of ours and his missus to be... She is polish... We cant pronounce her name so she is simply known as 'Dave.' he also knows her now as Dave lol.

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Was up on Sunday too. Clutch actuator on the SV gave up on me just before the rain started so my day was over anyway.

I'd be up for a RMS track day if you're organising one.

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
There are always a few banzai passes on a Sunday, some folk must have their ear plugs in during the morning briefing.

genman

G
if this is still about a beginners day then I'd be interested

rockinhorse

RMS Member
Drives
A bargain
I've booked in for the 29th but as the guys have said even in the green group id be weary of the race wantabees..just looking a relaxed jaunt round to help improve my riding..so ill take any pointers or leads from whoever is there or offering...

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
I've booked in for the 29th but as the guys have said even in the green group id be weary of the race wantabees..just looking a relaxed jaunt round to help improve my riding..so ill take any pointers or leads from whoever is there or offering...

The green group can get pretty hairy sometimes, you are only supposed to pass someone on the brakes or on the gas coming out of corners but the rules are lost on some. Don't let that put you off though as the Sunday trackdays are good craic. I think Matt takes first timers round the track for a tour in his Mini before things get under way to point out the best line around the track etc.

My experience is fairly limited but give yourself a couple of laps to get your tyres warmed up before increasing your speed and look out for the cones that are set up at the corners as they will let you know the entry and apex points which you should be aiming for.

Woolsey's ART days are better if you're looking a bit of tuition as there are racers out there to shadow and give you pointers etc. He also gets you moving about on the bike which really improves your track riding. I think the next one is 5th August at Kirkistown and it's not too pricey.

I should be down on 29th if I get the SV sorted so give me a shout.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.