Turbo Time

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I am going to turbo my civic but am confused by the amount of different turbos available. What would the best one to go for be.

I am aware that pistons, conrods and engine management have to be uprated to run above 8 psi.

tim

RMS Regular
is your civic not a 1.4? if it is i think you'd be better saving for a while and maybe turbo'ing a b16.

and did you not recently lose your license? i hope you plan on insuring this correctly..

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
Theres a wide array of kits available, but your never going to find someone to insure the car for you with the turbo conversion, as you know i have one so can talk with you about anything you wanna know, You'll need managment anyhow to even run the kit below 8psi or you'll not be seeing long until it goes pop, and its not really worthwhile on a 1.4, Espiecially if you dont intend keeping the car for a long time, turbo conversions usually start on the upwards of 3K, they take a fair time on labour even if you get the bits cheap, good managment alone will cost you, hondata being around 800, and autronic being over 1600 when fitted and mapped.,you'd possibly be better off waiting until you have a b16 or the likes,, or something you'd be happy with keeping for a long time :grinning:

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
It depends on what revs etc you intend to run mate, are you looking usable rev range power or just bhp giant?

Once you decide what you want,post your comp ratio and then its a matter of looking at the different inducer and exducer sizes that would suit you best to get the right trim. Then you look at what A/R would suit you best and what wheels setup to run and what turbine wheel setup. If you post me details on your engine i can let you know what turbo setup would be best for what use you require.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Speak to Johnny@ Ai Autosport about what you want...No better man imho..Tell him what you want target bhp and torque, usage i.e. road, track or drag and he will spec an engine to suit etc...He did this for me and as i think everyone knows i have been astounded with the results...

Phil

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
you need to pick what sort of power your after and what the car is used for so we can spec everything around that for you.

jonathan

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.