Tyco bikes stolen

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

genman

G
you would think that a professional team won't know how to lock up and secure their bikes.
Still a ****ty way for things to turn out.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Clearly at the bike show though so everyone will have known what was in the truck. Suppose at the end of the day you can only do so much, if they want something bad enough and all that

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Will be broken for parts I assume, prob leave them lying up for a while until the heat dies down
I'd imagine the parts will be factory blueprints specifically made for the team and will be easily identifiable?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I'd imagine the parts will be factory blueprints specifically made for the team and will be easily identifiable?
very possibly, no real idea tbh. Even if so there will be plenty of people happy to get them stolen or not sadly. Shame though all the same

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
The two superstocks are mostly carefully selected/weighed/measured standard parts. Superbikes would have slightly modified heads, cam gear, exhaust, quickshifter and better suspension and brakes but most stuff has to be based on production bikes. A set of British Superbike forks, brakes and rear shock alone would be very desireable.
Be good to see them getting caught.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
you would think that a professional team won't know how to lock up and secure their bikes.

Especially one that is operated by a company who's business is specializing in remote security.

Cess

RMS Staff
Perspective - Stolen from a race transporter parked outside a hotel, after being on display at Motorbike Live in the NEC. I'm not sure how you make a truck 100% secure. Nor is a race bike ever going to be covered by tracking devices and sensors.

Sad, sad state of affairs. You'd think that even the parts would be hard to shift in the UK and Ireland.

I also think that Christian Iddon's bike had a fairly exclusive swing arm made by Suter.

Hutchy's bike was probably destined to be a museum piece rather than raced again.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Especially one that is operated by a company who's business is specializing in remote security.

Very good. Must be what, 4 years of seeing "Tyco" on a their bikes and I didn't even know what it was until I looked it up just now, lol.

I only knew what "Relentless" was because they used to give it away for free at the NW200.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.