Tyre fitters on North Coast

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Cheers. Blackcircles is about £50 per tyre cheaper for mail order than anywhere local for fitted.

RevT

RMS Regular
Are there actually any tyre places that won’t do it? I’ve never heard of anyone refusing that type of work.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Are there actually any tyre places that won’t do it? I’ve never heard of anyone refusing that type of work.

I took a set of brand new tyres with labels still on and was turned from North West Tyres L/Derry. They simply don't/wont do it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’ve had people refuse it too. On the flip side I spoke to somewhere local yesterday who said they charge £6 per tyre, which is the lowest I’ve ever heard.

@NickR did you try Eire Tyres or even Openeo.ie if you know someone who lives in the south? I’ve never actually found Black Circles to be that cheap, as said above Kwik Fit is usually on a par.

Dorno

RMS Regular
Drives
a few!
N&P tyres in Ballymena fitted a set of rainsports for me yesterday for a tenner a corner. I’ve been doing this for years and it used to be £5 a tyre. But even at a tenner it still works out way cheaper with the price of them online.

RevT

RMS Regular
I’ve had people refuse it too. On the flip side I spoke to somewhere local yesterday who said they charge £6 per tyre, which is the lowest I’ve ever heard.

@NickR did you try Eire Tyres or even Openeo.ie if you know someone who lives in the south? I’ve never actually found Black Circles to be that cheap, as said above Kwik Fit is usually on a par.

I usually get four fitted for £10. 🤣 I hope that continues.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Tread Shed maybe outside Coleraine on the main road to Limavady? At Ivan Wilson Maxol

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Mark/ Richard McFadden just outside Armoy have done it for me in the past. Ive bought tyres off them in the past however.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Where!? Lol I’m getting bent over it seems!

In fairness I’ve a first cousin I usually go to but he’s flat out so hard to get sometimes. Usually on the road changing lorry tyres.
Think he’s mates with someone in Chris turner tyres Limavady. Tbf chris only charges a tenner a tyre to put on ones you didn’t buy from him to everyone else 🤣

RevT

RMS Regular
Where!? Lol I’m getting bent over it seems!

In fairness I’ve a first cousin I usually go to but he’s flat out so hard to get sometimes. Usually on the road changing lorry tyres.

I’m good mates with a fella owns his own tyre place. I also have a tyre machine sitting in my uncle’s shed not being used so I must get it down to my own garage, save me even more hassle.

P.S. - I usually buy new from him but I need to remove and replace tyres after painting quite often so that’s what the tenner covers.