Ulster GP

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Adam

RMS Regular
Anyone going on saturday? It'll be my first time since moving back from England and I cant wait. Done a few laps of the course earlier this year and its great.
Have no idea where to watch from though!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Leathemstown (spelling) corner is very good but you need to be there very early.

yvo6

RMS Regular
Leathemstown has a big screen so you can see all of the racing, also you can watch the other screen in main grandstand area opposite to paddock

Vantage Points

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Went up last night at about 7pm, they wanted £15 to watch the last hours racing, and it was red flagged due to the fog. I think the entry charge is killing it to an extent, as there must have been a good 10 cars turned away after trying to get in.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Went up last night at about 7pm, they wanted £15 to watch the last hours racing, and it was red flagged due to the fog. I think the entry charge is killing it to an extent, as there must have been a good 10 cars turned away after trying to get in.
Probably costs a fortune for the liability insurance.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Yes its £25 tomorrow, but if you paid £25 yesterday it would have covered you for Thursdays and Saturdays racing which to be fair isn't bad. The insurance is no doubt expensive, but each year I go there just seems to be less people there, it makes you appreciate the NW200. The noise of Ansteys bike is unbelievable

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Is it £25 to get in no matter where you watch from or just certain areas? I dont fancy paying £25 to stand in a hedge!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
That's a fair point about the football, but most road racing is free to watch as its on public roads, same as rallying. They are charging £25 for access to the track, so I suppose its £25 to stand in a hedge all day, a bit different to the NW200 where your paying to watch from a VIP grandstand.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I remember seeing Graeme Cosby on the back wheel from Leathemstown corner all the way up the straight lap after lap until he was black flagged.
On his Moriwaki Kawasaki - awesome

crosbyframed.jpg

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
£25 is a bargain. the competitors are risking their lives for your entertainment. cheap as chips.

Risking their lives for their own entertainment more like. Don't get me wrong id still pay if it was £100 to watch them, but many will see £25 as too much and I think its killing the race and getting young fans into the sport. £100 to take the average family out to watch the bikes in a hedge, id get told where to go lol.

Reactions: AMG

cupraricky

RMS Regular
They do the week pass at £25 which is good value if u can go all week, but they really need a Saturday pass for like 10-15 quid. £25 is steep for a single day especially for families.

J55NI

RMS Regular
They do the week pass at £25 which is good value if u can go all week, but they really need a Saturday pass for like 10-15 quid. £25 is steep for a single day especially for families.

A british superbike round will cost you over £30 just for race day .

£25 is fair and sure under 18's are free at UGP :grinning:.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
A british superbike round will cost you over £30 just for race day .

£25 is fair and sure under 18's are free at UGP :grinning:.
Understood, but not everyone looks at it that way. They look at likes of TT and NW etc r free to view so why should they pay 25 for UGP.

Plus if u were watching BSB it ends up more than 30 quid, flights etc, people make a holiday outta it, it's not exactly in ur back yard like some of the road races can be.

andyc1

RMS Member
Its on my doorstep but Ive only went once since they started the wristbands. Used to go every year and always bought a program. I much prefer the likes of the aromy. I dont care much for the nw200 either.

yvo6

RMS Regular
World Rally driver @Craig_Breen reveals that he will drive the roads closed car at tomorrow's @UlsterGrandPrix

Fun on closed roads

J55NI

RMS Regular
Understood, but not everyone looks at it that way. They look at likes of TT and NW etc r free to view so why should they pay 25 for UGP.

Plus if u were watching BSB it ends up more than 30 quid, flights etc, people make a holiday outta it, it's not exactly in ur back yard like some of the road races can be.

The ones that look at it differently aren't true racing fans usually, They don't mind a few ££ to support an event :grinning:

Dave..

RMS Regular
Awesome

OR this, I was there with my brother and parents 1975

Last edited:

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
This. I refuse to give them £25 a skull. I work on Saturdays and the thought of landing up there at 1pm and giving them £50 for me and her is enough to keep me away. I seen the time I wouldn't have missed it but from the time they started charging £25 I don't think I've been back. Different if your off work and get up for practice and stuff through the week. I do think they are keeping people away at the price. I know if it was £15 we would be there but the thought of paying full whack to stand in a field doesn't appeal. They could charge 25 for the full week or 15 for the Saturday your choice. I know I shouldn't be giving off as if it was to stop you would give anything to see it again but I wonder if they dropped it to 15 would they get more people up.

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Leathemstown was a good shout. Went there early and paid for a grandstand as we knew we'd be glad of a seat later in the day. There was a complete balls up by the big screen company so we missed what was happening for the first few races but the last few were brilliant.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.