Ulster Rally 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

starletterry

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne, GT
New sponsor announced for the next 3 years for the Ulster Rally. John Mulholland Motors of Randalstown!!

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I'll be having a play in this over the weekend

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 19.47.17.png

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I see Jennings is entered in the international section. Could be interesting to see what he is out in.

Very close in the championship, 5 or 6 could still win it so this has the makings of a good rally.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I plan to get to a few stages on the Friday and cannot wait

dufunk

RMS Regular
OP
dufunk
MD is to take part I hear, I ordered the programme so hopefully show the routes ill try and get them scanned on to here.

Cess

RMS Staff
Please do not scan and upload maps. Rallies cost the host club a great deal of money to run and one of their main sources of income is programme sales. It's only a tenner. Sure where else would you get two days of top level motorsport for a tenner? :laughing:

dufunk

RMS Regular
OP
dufunk
Fair enough but there will obviously be a general map of the routes on there website near to the time. Having a PDF programme would definitely entice more people into buying them in this modern age.

bob

RMS Regular
Friday Stages

Holly Hill 1
Mary Gray 1
Butterlope 1
Holly Hill 2
Mary Gray 2
Butterlope 2

Saturday Stages

Slievekirk 1
Drumnahoe 1
Barnes Gap 1
Rousky 1
Slievekirk 2
Drumnahoe 2
Barnes Gap 2
Rousky 2

Last edited:

dufunk

RMS Regular
OP
dufunk
Hollyhill above strabane and butterlope near plumbridge are epic along with slievekirk around lisdillion and taboe road. If your into your fishing best bring a rod you have moorlough, loughash, the Dennett and Glenelly nearby.

starletterry

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne, GT
Is there a night stage on the friday ??

There is indeed. I am running the stage called Butterlope (just outside Plumbridge). First car is due off the line for the second run through at 20.04 so if all goes according to plan..the last car (if there there still is 150) will be due off the line at 22.34 or there abouts so will be dark for at least the last 70/80 cars anyway.

Stage itself is only 4.5 miles from start to finish but is tight and twisty with a very tight hair pin in the middle. The hairpin is the only published spectator viewing location but as plenty of high hills for good vantage points.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
What engine does that have in it @PeteMoore ?

I think the DGM one had a Millington in it when Declan Gallagher was driving it to try and give it more power.

It's the original boxer lump dude, have to run it for the class. Not massively fast and probably underpowered for the R3 class with only 235hp, but we can only wait and see what happens really.

Yeah Kelly's millington engined one is awesome, but it has to run in Modified which is utterly pointless for a manufacturer backed "works" car.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Where's the best website for news, the ulster rally sight only talks about the top men.

Heard Pat Kirk may have had a bad off? Any truth/word on it?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just seen a couple of pictures of the car, doesn't look good. Hope the drivers alright, can't find any news on him.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Yup twitter is fantastic, DGM done a 'box change on Cronin car there in service, was a live BRC feed from someones phone on twitter

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.