Undercar Neons

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

excursion

Drives
MR2 Rocket
can someone brief me to the law on using these? can you only post if you are positive on your information i want to have all the angles covered if a cop comes up to me.

im curious to get a definate yes you can use them if your car is stationary and yes you can leave them attached to your vehicle as long as they are safely attached and inactive for your MOT.

cheers lads.

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
fighting with fire here lad!!! lol

i had them on and a cop stopped me she said that i shouldnt have had them on i told her i jst had them fitted and didnt no they were on!

as far as i am aware, its yes you can have them on your car, but only on when stationary!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
legaly you are not allowed to have them on while driving

only allowed them on while parked or at a show!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
well my mate andy as pacology well knows is one lucky git and has not and probably wil not be stopped enough though he constantly drives past cops with them on lol. some wil say if the cops have nothin better to do they prob wil pull u over!!

Brendan

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus 16v ZeTak
Not allowed to be on whislt car is in motion as can distract other road users and cause them to crash etc.........think they are fine for MOT..afaik

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
the police cant do a thing unless ur lights are showing or are pulseing or strobing, the only down fall to under car neons is if someone crashs into u and it wasnt ur fault they can say they were blinded by the lights 8o| as long as they are a constant glow and arent showing the bulb ur grand and that came from a traffic branch man in castlereagh police station:cool: phone them now and ask as the law mite have changed but i doubt it(y)

rsnutter

R
The real question should be why you'd want to drive round with neons on your car.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Personnally i dont see the point in driving around with neons on, but different strokes for different folks!!

As for the law....i was always told that they should not be used on public roads!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Pacology said:
fighting with fire here lad!!! lol

i had them on and a cop stopped me she said that i shouldnt have had them on i told her i jst had them fitted and didnt no they were on!

as far as i am aware, its yes you can have them on your car, but only on when stationary!

Thought you dont drive about with them on :p

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
excursion said:
can someone brief me to the law on using these? .

The law states that these are to be used at no times other than when the vehicle occupants (mainly the driver), are of homosexual tendancies and read max power!:laughing:

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
andy_gdon said:
Thought you dont drive about with them on :p

is there much point in me making up excuses? lol i was driving thru the city center by star bucks on my way to work and to show big james! but the cop was more worried y i was driving thru there than the neons!

JohnD

RMS Regular
The main thing is the colour.

You should only have

White at the front
Amber at the side
Red from the rear

Heres the law on lights
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_22.htm#nsch17

There is a LED undercar kit that has a street mode the dose this

http://www.litewave.co.uk/led_ground_lighting_ufo.asp

Single colours can still be projected but if you choose you can change them at will. There is also a 100% street legal mode which consists of the appropriate colours shown on the car - white at the front, red at the back, and amber at the sides

Hope this helps.(y)

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
RMS_CLK said:
The law states that these are to be used at no times other than when the vehicle occupants (mainly the driver), are of homosexual tendancies and read max power!:laughing:

PMSL,!!!

I actually have a small fancy for the under car neons, but would only use em,, if parked up!!!!

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
RMS_CLK said:

lmao. genius!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.