Underseal

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

amcm1

RMS Regular
i have an import due to arrive in a few weeks and would like to get it fully treated underneath before its mot but I'm unsure what products would be best suitable as I've only ever used waxoyl in the past and would prefer to stay away from it apart from maybe inside cavities.

With the car being white I would like to continue with white on the underside and inside the arches and had seen white stonechip, can anybody recommend a type to use or what process to use before and after the application of it? Or is it a case of using a different coloured under seal and painting it white over the top?

I'll be using tetrosyl chassis paint for suspension arms and subframe etc, from having used it before I found it easy to use and leave a nice and durable finish, or is there anything better suited?

I know some people will question using white but the car won't do a lot of miles, would be easy to see any rust occurring underneath before it gets serious and would like to leave it with more of a factory finish.

For inside any cavities such as chassis legs and sills I was just going to use waxoyl.

If anyone can recommend products, processes to use it would be greatly appreciated.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
To keep it simple, get Jonny at A.I Autosport to underseal it for you with white Gravitex.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
I used white stone chip on my skyline for the inner arches, took ****ing ages though and needed good prep etc, came up well though

20150623_154353_zpstbiqev4b.jpg

amcm1

RMS Regular
OP
A
To keep it simple, get Jonny at A.I Autosport to underseal it for you with white Gravitex.

Would prefer to do it myself, have all the tools here to do it, an empty shed and a lot of dark nights over the winter to take my time at it

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
i used por15. its pretty awesome and very tough, dont get it on your paws, it is a complete hallion to shift, i had to use scothbrite in end

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Get upol Raptor, it's original purpose is a truck bed liner but it is basically extremely tough stonechip.

Get the tintable version which comes semi clear/milky, then get some cheap white car paint and mix it is. Doesn't take much to colour it.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I'd highly recommend Bilt Hamber's range of products. Rust Removal | Prevention | Anti-Corrosion Treatments | Rust Converters - Bilt Hamber

I've used their products on an import Impreza with great success (see below).

That's based on you want to seal what is currently there, some of the other products mentioned are a colour coat or fancy paint. It depends on your aim.

I love this photo...

20160611_143430.jpg

I was starting into undersealing the car.

20160611_165056.jpg

20160611_165123.jpg

The products I was using...

20160611_165229.jpg

Rear spoiler removed, this was to reseal the spoiler, check for rust and prevent any rattles from starting.

20160616_215512.jpg

And fitted again.

20160618_152939.jpg

I polished up the rear muffler.

20160712_193531.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.