vauxhall crank sensor wiring info

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Would anyone happen to know what each of the three pins are for on the crank sensor. Wiring info is needed for a small project.

'96 vectra - X18XE engine

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
lol, one is a signal out, one is a reference, and one a earth, easiest way to work it out is with a multi meter, and turn the engine over, if you dont have a wiring diagram, even turning it over by hand will tell you what when it meets the signal and reference point

S_Gault

RMS Regular
if its the digital sensor then pin 1 is 8v, pin 2 is signal , andpin 3 is ground, but there are 2 types of sensor- let me know what it says on the actual sensor and i can confirm it

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
Ther are a few variations of ecotec sensors
Then there is the magnetic type 8V one...

Daz500

RMS Regular
OP
Daz500
Drives
Various Rovers &
How can I tell if it's a siemens type?

Information I have at present is:

Vauxhall part number 9174621

Will fit most Astra Mk3 92-98, Calibra 89-97 (NOT RED TOP)
Most Vectra 96-, Omega 94- X18XE & some X20XEV

50_1.JPG

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
That fitting info is wrong...Vauxhall dont even know what they talking about...
There is a mannetic type one for the motronic 8V and red top vauxhalls...It has a silver end to it...

There are 3 different Seimens ones as above...(All black)
94-95 Cav ecotecs have one as above But works differently somehow...
Calibras ecotec have a different one again...
Then vectras have a different one yet again....
They all have the same part number and its pure chance which one u get...
That one in the pic looks like a vectra one cuz it has that plastic sheild wire on it...Cav ones dont have that...

S_Gault

RMS Regular
i have that one in my notebook as thats the digital sensor that i prefer on the crank trigger conversions i do. I'll check tomorrow for you

S_Gault

RMS Regular
sorry, cant agree, the digital sensor is far less susceptible to interference from HT and coil packs. We have had several problems on certain racecars in past and proper screening helps but sometimes doesnt solve it entirely. each car is different but when you start dealing with predominatly glassfibre race cars, earthing can be a problem, this is where the digital sensor scores.

i'll have the pin info for you later

Daz500

RMS Regular
OP
Daz500
Drives
Various Rovers &
aye, I got it from the auto-data cd but I was waiting to see if your info was more up-to-date.

thanks for the help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.