Volvo instrument cluster repair

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
In my attempts to make my parents old S80 roadworthy again, I've noticed that the instrument cluster information screen (lower left) isn't showing any information and there is a permanent airbag light on that isn't showing up on diagnostics.

20240308_095307.jpg

I've got with board all removed and ready to see if re-soldering fixes the problem, I've watch this video on it, but I'm not skilled enough to even attempt the repair,

20240308_095736.jpg

Is there anyone here who is skilled enough to re-soder the connections or advise me on who/where I could have it done?

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
In my attempts to make my parents old S80 roadworthy again, I've noticed that the instrument cluster information screen (lower left) isn't showing any information and there is a permanent airbag light on that isn't showing up on diagnostics.

View attachment 427398

I've got with board all removed and ready to see if re-soldering fixes the problem, I've watch this video on it, but I'm not skilled enough to even attempt the repair,

View attachment 427399

Is there anyone here who is skilled enough to re-soder the connections or advise me on who/where I could have it done?

If your Volvo is anything like mine I'd be content that the DIM isn't working 😆

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Happy days, but could be a dry joint or similar

Hope it keeps working though