Wanted: Car for Rusty Nuts Rally £500 max

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I could be talked into selling this for £500...
qGuEiEn.jpg

Plenty of MOT on it. 730i 6 cyl auto. Was kind of holding on to it to do the rally ourselves but that's not looking likely now.

@Woodcutter this might do us

Well?

_Stu_

RMS Regular
It was cheap as chips and will probs use this for carting around the dogs and general mucky work until the rally. Plenty of time to decide what to do with it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 114

Chris0

RMS Regular
I picked up my boring bus today for the rally, first time doing it and going on a budget. Just realised MOT expires shortly before the date so will need to fire it through but it shouldn't need that much.

Any inspiration on what to do to a family hatchback to make it a bit more entertaining looking on a budget?

Add a BGW, go faster stripes and machine guns

chapletown

RMS Regular
OP
chapletown
Drives
G20 M340i X
Aye couldn't pass it at the money. She's he rod.. Factory hids and Bose sound system.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
I have THEE perfect bus for this. It stands me a bit more, but I would be happy to let it go for 500 if anyone has any interest, as I am flat out with work and don't have the time or the space for this unfortunately.

20150410_203140.jpg
20150410_203154.jpg
20150410_203215.jpg
20150410_203229.jpg
20150402_180953.jpg

20150402_181035.jpg

1993 320ce. 3.2 24v straight 6 ( 220 bhp). Failed MOT on the above. I have fitted 2 new shocks in the back, have got a new fuse from Mercedes for the back of the speedo which should sort that, which just leaves it needing tyres on the back and whatever bodge the previous owner has done on the anti roll bar fixed and it will fly through the test.

With a mere 216k this example of Mercedes' finest is only run in. Goes really well, the previous owner says it is super chipped but who knows. He also said it has an LSD, but I didnt test this on my 40 mile round trip to the MOT centre and back. Judging by the shape of the rear tyres it's probably true enough. Full leather, CD player with a free Tupac greatest hits CD stuck inside which won't eject. ( yes, I was rolling through Hamiltonsbawn on my way to Armagh test centre, like some sort of gangbanging pimp in LA.)

Paint is faded and pretty rough so perfect for some of you hallions to tart up for the day. 1 small rust hole in the front wing. It has a towbar, a seriously tacky badge in place of the proper 3 pointed star on the grill, and a universal back box that would be more at home on a Honda civic. All in all a lovely driving big barge that will be a hoot to drive and for £500, I doubt you will get anything more interesting or different..... With the added bonus of you being able to break it into double what I need for it when you are done.

I gave the carpets a quick going over with the wet and dry hoover, and cleaned the drivers seat enough that I could drive it to the test centre and back, the rest of the seats need a quick going over with a magic sponge to take the previous owners germs off it.

Edit- I am 27 and a full years classic insurance was less than £250, so that has to be a handy bonus for the purposes of a few days Craic too

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.