Wanted Cheap Field Car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

backrower

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FR Leon
Looking for a cheap field car, anything considered the smaller the better as its for my younger brother (hes 11 to make it a bit easier) lookig for a corsa, fiesta, saxo, 106 etc. Let me know what yous have cheers

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
Allowing someone aged 11 behind the wheel of a car, whether it be on a field or otherwise, is highly irresponsible IMO.(n)

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
If he has a big field its no more dangerous than him rattling around on a quad or scrambler...

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Probably less dangerous than a scrambler or quad to be honest.

Mate has a couple of cars about, but we scrapped a 93 Astra 2 weeks ago and got £185 for it, so he'd be looking at least scrap value for anything thats going out of the yard. No more £50 bangers about these days...

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Allowing someone aged 11 behind the wheel of a car, whether it be on a field or otherwise, is highly irresponsible IMO.(n)

think you dropped your gay card.

i had one at a young age gives you a good idea of car control i.e handbraking etc. also alot safter than scrams etc.

if only you said a few days ago as scoobyman scrapped a cheekychenco lol.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
What budget are you looking at? Bound to be something on scumtree?

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
used to see cars going through the auctions for under a £100 so I wouldnt think things have changed that much :cool:

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
its really not, TBH, wide open space of private land with nothing else to hit but thorn hedges and the odd gate post , i had my first one at about 9yrs old i think and tractors before that , as above far far better idea of car control and whats what IMHO if you start young

backrower

RMS Regular
OP
backrower
Drives
MK1 FR Leon
Theres very few things on gumtree looked there 1st, thought id give it a bash on here see if anyone had something! 11 is plenty old enough i was hokin a wee mini about our fields when i was 10 and before that learnt to drive in a TD5 discovery, no real harm to be done bar hitting a hedge plus someone will be beside him at all times!!! Never thought about the auctions will look into them cheers
Budget of around 250ish

backrower

RMS Regular
OP
backrower
Drives
MK1 FR Leon
Probably less dangerous than a scrambler or quad to be honest.

Mate has a couple of cars about, but we scrapped a 93 Astra 2 weeks ago and got £185 for it, so he'd be looking at least scrap value for anything thats going out of the yard. No more £50 bangers about these days...

what other cars has he got? and would he be willing to sell any?

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
You will not get a car in the auction for £100, not a mission of it.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
does it have to be mot'd for rakin about a field?
im scrappin my mk3 golf 1.9d as it needs a windscreen(crack in it but ive been driving away at it since it happened last year), small patch on the sill for mot and has a borderline tyre so isnt worth my while fixing, its 100% mechanically sound though engine strong as anything recent tining belt and new radiator....if your interested ley me know sure, before it goes to clearways!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I've been told by clearways ill get about £190(1.2 ton by £160) for the car and an extra 55 for the battery and cat if i take them off.....would be the perfect field car actually....make me an offer dude as id rather it stayed alive than had to be scrapped!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.