What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

alpha-dog

RMS Regular
guy on push bike, in middle of two lanes on dual carriageway.

****s thinking they're driving a very big vehicle when its only a normal size car.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Overtook a cretinous Logan SUV thing earlier this evening. I thought they were a complete heap but it appears their main beam can sear your retina as the fecker didn't dip the beam as I passed

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
I cant be arsed getting annoyed behind the wheel, the only thing that does
royally grip my sh*t is the Northern Ireland driving test, which availed itself of showing every person who ever passed the test what the indicator stalk on a vehicle actually does, i swear they are not fitted to one car in this country.

I like to save my bulbs... Especially with the ballache it is to change one on an E90 lol

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
That I had a great drive into work at 6am this morning. Nobody held me up or pulled out in front of me. Everyone had their lights on. Person in front knew how to use his gears and accelerator and didn't stay on the brakes the hole way down the hill into dundrod. Yes I came across zero numpties on the road this morning.

It still annoyed me though because it was a rare luxury and I know the drive home will be a different story.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Just about everything on the roads this week. Xmas cnuts out in force. And generally dont give a **** and then when they have a crash they have that dumb**** look on there face.
The joys of being a trucker at xmas!!.
Car on motorway last night heading for Cork 23:30 no lights on at all.
Fog lights on every other car. Everybody drives with fogs on down here. :rolleyes:. Hate xmas on the roads. Them dosey pedestrian that think its ok to step off the footpath and dander across the front of my truck. No i cant see you under the windscreen!!
And to the lazy bastids that park in truck loading bays cause they cant be bothered to walk. Your all p***ks!!!
Cant wait till this sh1t is over!!!
Happy Xmas everyone From one ****ed off truck driver!!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Just about everything on the roads this week. Xmas cnuts out in force. And generally dont give a **** and then when they have a crash they have that dumb**** look on there face.
Fog lights on every other car. Everybody drives with fogs on down here. :rolleyes:. Hate xmas on the roads. Them dosey pedestrian that think its ok to step off the footpath and dander across the front of my truck. No i cant see you under the windscreen!!
And to the lazy bastids that park in truck loading bays cause they cant be bothered to walk. Your all p***ks!!!
You stay the **** away from those Xmas markets!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus

Get it outta ye! :p

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
That I had a great drive into work at 6am this morning. Nobody held me up or pulled out in front of me. Everyone had their lights on. Person in front knew how to use his gears and accelerator and didn't stay on the brakes the hole way down the hill into dundrod. Yes I came across zero numpties on the road this morning.

It still annoyed me though because it was a rare luxury and I know the drive home will be a different story.

Well I was right. Stuck behind a Kia people carrier with stupid ******* reindeer antler decoration things on the roof. His pace and driving were fine but his offside tail and brake light bulb seemed to be fitted in the wrong way. So the brake light element was on constantly burning my retinas almost the whole way home.

Then at a set of traffic lights (2 lane section of road) some p***k in a white derv Audi starting revving his engine and kept staring at me. I flipped him the middle finger and showed him what the rear of an R Estate looks like disappearing into the distance.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
You stay the **** away from those Xmas markets!
No chance things arnt that bad yet . Thing that get on my goat is, people just dont think about what the hell there doing. So frustrating :mad: Seen the city's of Dublin (sh1thole) Galway (hatefull hole) and Cork(it ok) this week. My head is away. Just pulled in for a shower on the M8 then back to Dublin, tip reload and heading North in the morning. Roll on hometime. Complete melter of a week. Cant wait for 2017 :grinning:

Dan.86

RMS Regular
find more and more people not looking before crossing the road when I am turning into Wellwood Street either listening to music or heads in their phones. They then have the cheek to give me a dirty look!

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Bavarian scrap 3-series broke down on the outside lane on M2 just after Whitwell exit this morning (n)

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
The fact that it took almost as long to get parked half a mile away from the city centre yesterday as it did to drive from Dungannon TO the city centre.
And the absolutely head melting experience that is trying to get through castlecourt without going mental, but thats not a "driving experience". Just driving me mad, is all. I had a massive urge to grab a bottle of fizzy juice and go screaming like a madman around Debenhams knocking all those people that stop in the aisles in front of you over and shaking fizzy juice all over them all; but you'll notice from the lack of Telegraph headlines that I resisted.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Everyone in a good mood since Christmas or what? I'm missing these rants. So, here's my latest...

It's the unquestionable fact that every other vehicle that I end up behind is a MPV, SUV, 4x4 POS with blacked out rear windows, meaning my little brain has to work harder as visabilty is reduced to around 3-4 car lengths. They also usually pull out of a side road or roundabout and sit in front of me up the road for the next, well... what feels like forever :grinning::grinning:

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Some tube up my rear last night on the M2 whilst me and few others in front were overtaking. Why don't they understand that I will not move over until the inside is clear and my overtaking is finished!. Didn't help matters mind you that I brake checked them. Once they did get past they tailgated every other motorist too stomping the brakes every few seconds.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
I pulled out of a side street today "in front" of a motorbike.

My message to him is this. "You are driving through a city centre on a Tuesday morning in January, not around Portrush in May as part of the supersport race with the roads closed.

So before you go over taking me, & beeping your horn that sounds like it's being drowned, shaking your head & firing dirty looks, please remember your safety on your motorbike works both ways. Imbecile".

simy

RMS Regular
^^^ & ^ complains about people pulling out in front of him, pulls out in front of motorbike.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
I didn't complain about people pulling out in front of me. I said the vehicles in question pulled out of side roads or roundabouts and sat in front of me. I didn't say they "pulled out in front of me". There is a difference eh ;)

Last edited:

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
People that leave a big gap and you do a quick indicate and pull into the space and they speed up and flash like youre the one being a cun.t and that you somehow pulled out in front of them dangerously

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
People that leave a big gap and you do a quick indicate and pull into the space and they speed up and flash like youre the one being a cun.t and that you somehow pulled out in front of them dangerously

That 'big gap' is called a safe braking distance

Boils my piss when C units pull into it, because I then have to slow down to get the braking distance back again, which just pisses everyone off behind me as they have to slow down too in a massive long chain reaction type thing
This is why traffic comes to a near standstill on the motorway, with no obvious reason for it

thomas_lad

RMS Regular

Boils my piss when C units pull into it, because I then have to slow down to get the braking distance back again, which just pisses everyone off behind me as they have to slow down too in a massive long chain reaction type thing
This is why traffic comes to a near standstill on the motorway, with no obvious reason for it

So people shouldn't pull into gaps available to them just because someone behind thinks the gap is his/hers? its more so the ones that leave the gap and then speed up when you indicate in and start flashing the lights, they weren't worrying about their 'braking distance gap' when they see your indicator were they?

johnm

RMS Regular

Way I read it is its the ones who leave about 4/5 car lengths in clear conditions doing about 30-40mph. No need for that amount of gap.
The same people are the ones who brake at the slightest speed adjustment only to have to speed up again. No concept of spacial or speed awareness. You probably get told your talking pants to them if you even mentioned clutch braking.