What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
So people shouldn't pull into gaps available to them just because someone behind thinks the gap is his/hers? its more so the ones that leave the gap and then speed up when you indicate in and start flashing the lights, they weren't worrying about their 'braking distance gap' when they see your indicator were they?

If the car in front of them was travelling faster than them, no they shouldn't have a problem as you won't affect their 'gap' for long when you pull in.

If the car in front of them was travelling at the same speed as them or slower and you pull in then you are affecting their safe braking distance, effectively you're cutting in.

Of course it all depends on the distance.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Not really something you can debate unless you were in the car with the OP surely? You may have just startled them because they were day dreaming/playing with their phones/picking their nose, etc..

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Overtaking a car on a long straight stretch, and an Evoque appears in the oncoming lane about 500m away.... and flashes it's lights at me.

I was still trying to work out were they trying to warn me of something or tell me off when they went past me 10 seconds later.

Screenshot_20170118-194035.png

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I always overtake on that stretch. People don't seem to like accelerating very much there.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I often get people flashing at me for overtaking.

Overtook a car doing 35 in a 60 2 days ago and the guy beeped as I passed and flashed the lights on and off for another minute afterwards. Passed him on a totally clear stretch too with loads of room and visibility ahead.

Some people just have something against being overtaken.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I just have the feeling that the very same ones that flash their lights and all, are the same ones that never indicate, sit in the overtaking lane, pull out of junctions without fully looking, wait ages before moving off from the lights ....

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Speaking of people who sit in the overtaking lane, the alto, the 308, the lwb sprinter van and the flatbed sprinter (hss hire) which all sat in the overtaking lane at various points of my journey today whilst not making any progress or overtaking cars on the inside, on occasion even got other cars undertaking!

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Likewise, but are these the same unconscious people that drive around in their silver or white cars with absolutely NO lights on when it IS foggy?

I might have blown a bulb or two flashing repeatedly at people yesterday, completely lost count of people cluelessly driving along, I'm not joking I couldn't see them once they were 200 yards away. The horn got tested several times also, and then they just stare at you like what are you tooting at me for?
Worst I think was a very young looking lass going past me at about 80 in a silvery green aygo with ne'er a light to be seen in some of the heaviest fog, she carried on into the next town and did 50 through the 30s too, just to prove how classy a driver that was.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I have no objections to the corrupt psni doing speed traps, but what I do hate is when they hide. Spotted 1 tonight hiding behind a petrol station sign. I thought they were supposed to be visible when doing this.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
I have no objections to the corrupt psni doing speed traps, but what I do hate is when they hide. Spotted 1 tonight hiding behind a petrol station sign. I thought they were supposed to be visible when doing this.

What does it matter? If your speeding your speeding regardless of where they are standing! (and i'm not saying i'm perfect but you know the risks before you do it!)

jimcupra

RMS Regular
They are supposed to be visible not hide to catch people out. They were sitting at the bottom of a hill just inside a 30 zone. By hiding it just proves the motorist is just a cash cow. Instead of going after the real criminals something they seem pretty useless at doing.
What does it matter? If your speeding your speeding regardless of where they are standing! (and i'm not saying i'm perfect but you know the risks before you do it!)

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
They are supposed to be visible not hide to catch people out. They were sitting at the bottom of a hill just inside a 30 zone. By hiding it just proves the motorist is just a cash cow. Instead of going after the real criminals something they seem pretty useless at doing.
If a person isn't speeding they won't get caught whether the police are hiding or not. If someone is big enough to make the decision to speed, be big enough to accept the consequences. Simple.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
They shouldn't be hiding stand on the side of the road and do it simple
If a person isn't speeding they won't get caught whether the police are hiding or not. If someone is big enough to make the decision to speed, be big enough to accept the consequences. Simple.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
They should be a deterrent first and foremost, and by being visible they are potentially helping more motorists rather than just fining a few. imo

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
On the lights debate.

People who drive round at night with no lights on because their car has DRL's, 1 the DRL's are ****ing blinding at night and 2 TURN YOUR ****ING LIGHTS ON!!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
As said before, it's because most new cars nowadays have the instrument cluster lit up 24/7, not just when your lights are on. Most folk are too stupid to realise that they don't actually have any lights on and can't see.