What Bike..?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
You can pick up some good deals from the mainland and they're normally happy to arrange some sort of delivery. Servicing and so on is fairly standard and parts aren't rare or hard to get, no Triumph specific tools required either unlike Ducati, so your chosenbike mechanic could do it.

If you can bide your time and buy towards the end of the year that's the time to buy.
Cheers Dusty, seems the mainland Is the place, I thought delivery would've been difficult. Also wondered if there'd be difficulties in servicing etc, luckily I've an old friend works in rally but he'd happily work on the bikes too

Dave..

RMS Regular
Cheers Dusty, seems the mainland Is the place, I thought delivery would've been difficult. Also wondered if there'd be difficulties in servicing etc, luckily I've an old friend works in rally but he'd happily work on the bikes too
I bring in bikes from the mainland using NI companies, no problems yet.

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
I bring in bikes from the mainland using NI companies, no problems yet.
I think it was yourself David mentioned that to me last time and has me browsing over there, once the tests out the way I'll get sorted, unless a gem pops up in these parts

Dave..

RMS Regular
I think it was yourself David mentioned that to me last time and has me browsing over there, once the tests out the way I'll get sorted, unless a gem pops up in these parts
PM me when you are starting to look and I will give you a few names.

Hel

RMS Regular
If getting an sv check for corrosion they seem to do worse than most but can be cared for.

I enjoyed mine but the V isn't for everyone. Wasn't the best choices for commuting and slow speed for me, felt a bit too jumpy.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I read that the older sv's can be a bit of a handful in the handling department. Newer ones are much better.

Dave..

RMS Regular
The older CBR600F is a far superior bike for road use, higher bars, comfortable seat, centre stand and much more pillion friendly. It was never updated after 2001 as the RR came out in 2004.
I had one in 2000 with the exposed frame, bit small for me but a great bike, did everything I needed it to do.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The older CBR600F is a far superior bike for road use, higher bars, comfortable seat, centre stand and much more pillion friendly. It was never updated after 2001 as the RR came out in 2004.

I know the model indeed, wouldn't be for me anything with a centrestand is too sensible lol. Although I do love zzr's, I'd only be interested in having a bike for occasionally nice days out. I know that'll annoy the real bikers!

Dave..

RMS Regular
I know the model indeed, wouldn't be for me anything with a centrestand is too sensible lol. Although I do love zzr's, I'd only be interested in having a bike for occasionally nice days out. I know that'll annoy the real bikers!
As you get older and your back gives up, higher bars etc make life a lot easier :grinning:
No such thing as a real biker, anyone who owns, restores or rides a bike is a biker.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.