What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

neil-c

RMS Regular
IMG_7806.JPG
IMG_7807.JPG

New set of bulbs for the S5 - the old bulb literally exploded!! Took me ages to get all the glass out of the housing and self levelling mechanism.

56oval

RMS Regular
Had similar trouble on a T5, I think the driveshaft had been replaced a few years before and I put it down to being a cheap ass driveshaft put into it, not my ability :grinning:

Its the original driveshaft ( vag stamped ) ended up in a big ass vice and breaking the cage up until you could get to the circlip, it had knurled the edge of the rebate on the shaft badly, it was never coming off conventionally. Redressed the splines and rebate, cant get a new cv til monday so fitted a new boot and assembled the inner joint and chucked it back on the van.
image.jpg

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Decided it was about time I fitted my front mount
Been in my van from I bought it months back
Now the fun bit tomorrow or after work Monday tonroute the pipework An drill a big hole for the intercooler piping
2641B7E2-AFC7-4012-9C18-981D45258E7C_zpseksiqwk7.jpeg

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Do indeed and as soon as I'm able I'll be working away at it as I will have room to again. Also sold my share in the boat so I'm down to very few toys!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
View attachment 135319 View attachment 135320

New set of bulbs for the S5 - the old bulb literally exploded!! Took me ages to get all the glass out of the housing and self levelling mechanism.

What make of bulbs did you go for? One of my 9-5 ones looks a bit discoloured so I might get a new pair. I cant make up my mind to go for the dearer ones (Phillips or Osram) at £60 a bulb or M-tech ones on the Powerbulbs website at £26 each.

56oval

RMS Regular
My drifeshaft/cv joint saga continued!

I booked my test for 10.30 today which gave me ample time to fit the new cv yesterday, or so i thought!!!
Some douchebag has been in the box and bits were missing, i phoned the supplier and they promised i'd have a new one sitting on the counter 9.30 am sharp! Dont you just love overnight parts from errrr Blighty lol.
I was sweating, it was too late to cancel the test so it was a case of get it done in less than an hour with all the suspension bolted back together and on 4 wheels. True to his word ( thanks to Aaron at ecp ) it was on the counter and all present and correct, i shot home and had 45 mins to get the job done.

I made it, it failed on just a track rod end on the other side LOL.

I felt like these guys!!

neil-c

RMS Regular
What make of bulbs did you go for? One of my 9-5 ones looks a bit discoloured so I might get a new pair. I cant make up my mind to go for the dearer ones (Phillips or Osram) at £60 a bulb or M-tech ones on the Powerbulbs website at £26 each.

I went for Osram Original Xenarc bulbs- they are a standard bulb with a 4300K temperature, £45 each from autobulbsdirect.co.uk. They're a good crisp white colour and give out plenty of light. Haven't tried any other xenon bulbs to compare them too though.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Drove the TT this morning for the first time in a week. I much, much prefer driving a manual. The dsg definitely has advantages and is great to drive, but manual is just so much better. I hope they aren't phased out completely in years to come as some on here think.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Drove the TT this morning for the first time in a week. I much, much prefer driving a manual. The dsg definitely has advantages and is great to drive, but manual is just so much better. I hope they aren't phased out completely in years to come as some on here think.

There won't be gears at all shortly by the sound of things...

New VW I.D. GTI to lead brand's family of electric cars

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Finally done something than moving it to wash it ( that's this Saturday before all the windows get took out ) lol, been flat out stripping the interior and headliner out, spent most of today tidying the wires and taking the sound proofing off the floor in preparation for the roll cage , I've still to lower the passenger seat so it's as low as drivers side, a bit of sanding inside, remove the carpet and away she goes :grinning:
IMG_2076.JPG
IMG_2077.JPG
IMG_2139.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG
IMG_2142.JPG
IMG_2143.JPG

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Last night - aided in fitting new outer and inner CV boots to the bus for MOT.

Tonight to the Saab - Hardwired dash cam.

Gemma

RMS Regular
Took the m3 into town then Home and give it a well deserved bath then came back into lisburn in the five series and parked up at my mums. There's a drop kurb for next door neighbour as he's in a wheel chair and I parked quite close to the kurb so I thought I put it in reverse to move back and near went through my mum's fence hahaha t**t!!

So many edits because this ****ing phone puts whatever word it ****ing wants in!