What happens if your keys are nicked???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
After reading about daddycruise's skyline gettin nicked by twats gets you thinkin about insurance. If your keys are takin from your house and your car is stolen where do you stand with your insurance??? I've heard story's that you don't get paid out because the keys weren't hidden??? Any truth in this???

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
You would need to check with you own company on this, but id say its probably true, as they do whatever they can to aviod paying out for claims, especially full-value claims like that..

blacklightningcivic

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
I was told by a policeman that your better not hiding the keys though because they'll only give you a beating for the keys and no car is worth that

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
As we've said before, Blackjax only means they burn the car out when it dies. Better chance of getting the car back in 1 piece if they get away with it.

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
we had the keys stolen from the house, took a primera and the keys to a brand new Almera. The insurance company agreed to take the almera away and get a new lockset and give us a courtsey car while it was away!

It took 6 weeks for the car to come back!

The best part was that the insurnce company didnt treat the whole thing as a claim! didnt even charge us the excess on the policy!

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
with the amount of car keys being stolen from home etc, insurance companies have been force to revise the rules a bit, if your keys are nicked and consequently your car it should be ok, i would rather leave the keys on the landing and let them have my motor than batter me in my sleep!!

pablo

RMS Moderator
I think if you leave them in plain view in the hall etc near the letterbox youre in trouble but they cant expect you to hide your keys in your own home!

Even if I did leave them in the hall Id lie and say they were in the living room or something

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
mine sleep with me in my room so they are going to have to venture in there if they want my wagon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.