Where do i stand?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
right back at the start of may i bought a mk3 td golf, it came with lots of reciepts for work that had been carried out a month before i bought it, including the removal of the head etc. Now that its back from the bodyshop its not running right, so i took it to a mechanic, who today informed me that the crank sprocket had not been tightened properly the last time it was changed(this is listed on the reciept as having been replaced). this has led to the crank being damaged, and it will need replacing. :cry:

So where do i stand with the grage that did the work for the previous seller? are they at fault for not doing the work properly? the car has done about 200 miles since the work was carried out. :?:

r16vka

RMS Regular
OP
r16vka
Drives
Audi 80 V6
im just off the phone to the guy how did the work originally, he seems to think at worst its a new pulley, and theres no reason for the crank to be damaged! i think the mechanic who has it at the moment may be trying to pull a fast one! gonna sort it out tommorrow, ill keep ya`ll posted!

vza

always get a second opinion,if ypu know a mec (try on the forums if you don't) get them to have a look,always a good way of gettin a decent opinion.That said if the guy who fitted the new sprocket is doing the replacement work for free i'd be inclined to go with that,but get t cchecked by a third party

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
Sir Sax said:
Cowboy Mechanic has landed....these fookers are all over the place.

u mean the space mechanic (space cowboy- jamiroquai) sorry coudlnt resist that

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
any good mechanic should stand buy there work and fix it for u if they didnt do it right in the first place

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Space cowboy wasnt sung by jamiroquai!!! :roll:

It was sung (if you could call it that) by Babylon Zoo

POD

RMS Regular
andy_gdon said:
Space cowboy wasnt sung by jamiroquai!!! :roll:

It was sung (if you could call it that) by Babylon Zoo

erm no. ur wrong. space cowbaoy was sung by jamiroquai. babylon zoo sung space man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.