Where do i stand ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Need some advice or help, long story short i sent the car away to a guy till get painting done. Just correction work few scuffs etc , car came back with a shed load of imperfections, but the bumper had reacted and started to peel the clear coat. As i wanted it fixed sent the car away till get the bumper redone correctly, but its reacted again and went wrong.

Paint on before wasn't even dried right, nor was the bumper taken off the car number plate etc etc. It was a **** up of a job so where do i stand legally about getting something done about this ?? small claims court?

Eddies

RMS Regular
OP
Eddies
Drives
Really well
Don't pay him, get someone else to pain I properly

the car had been painted last september, it was away getting the work done corrected. I've already called with the person that did the work last year said he would correct it but never answer my calls and rowed over it with me. Didn't want another patch job done.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
He painted it without removing the number plate? Fook me.

Eddies

RMS Regular
OP
Eddies
Drives
Really well
He painted it without removing the number plate? Fook me.

Nothing was removed form the bumper grills, lights, badges etc. You can still see the orginal paint around the area's that prove's it was not taken off. Also the paint is still peeling under the splash gaurd and arch surrounds was just taped and sprayed on the car as it sat :mad:

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
(n) thats terrible

Surely a trip to the small claims court - i dunno but thats a real balls Eddie

Rfg

RMS Regular
the car is over with a good friend of mine and he says its the worst job he has ever seen (nearly 20 years in the trade) and he does not know what has been used to paint it before. the paint wont even DA it just wrinkles like old leather and clumps up. so its now redone and into the booth to see if primer can even stick to it. the new guy says its actually criminal the way this car has been left and he felt really sorry and has assured me he will do the best possible job he can so at least its noe less thing not to worry about.. As I said earlier Eddie I hope u get sorted and hopefully someone here can help get your money back from the other painter.

Eddies

RMS Regular
OP
Eddies
Drives
Really well
good stuff lad. cant wait to the summer, everyone should have their cars finished (y)

yeah this and mot should be me nearly sorted few other things till get done then i'm stopping lol. Hows the a's standing up to lurgan roads dude ?

any one had any like for like experiences with body shops ?

Eddies

RMS Regular
OP
Eddies
Drives
Really well
any one shed some light onto this ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.