Where to get a good Hose Reel?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
I have been struggling for this past while with just a 40m loose hose, constantly getting tangled.

I need a decent reel, anywhere good for a good quality one?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Just browse the usual Homebase, B&Q etc to see what suits you best. Some prices can vary wildly so is best to shop around.

Couple of years ago I got a decent one from Homebase for £38....in Arco they were asking near £90 for the same thing ! Although Arco wouldnt be the same sort of store of course.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Another vote for the Hozeloc auto rewind. They are brilliant.
Unless you're looking for an empty reel for your existing hose. I've had a few over the years and they were all crap.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Another shout for the hozelock one
Have had mine now about 10 years and never had an issue with it (y)

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Again another shout for auto reel by hozlelock. Had it a few years now and it gets some heavy use and it's still working perfect. And so handy too

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Cheers guys I'll look into these Autoreel hoses

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
£130 for a hose reel just seems a tad expensive lol.

You can't put a price on convenience, lol.

Seriously though, if you don't mind dumpster diving, you might want an eye out for an old firehose. I think they get dumped because they don't pass some kind of regulation, but theyre usually still a great hose because they are never used. You see them on gumtree from time to time.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I think I will just suffer the 60secs of pure nightmare trying to keep my hose from twisting into a ball when winging it in .Thats a tank and a half of super to me .

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Or it mightn't take much to get another tap plumbed in closer to where you need it.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I have a green hoselock one you have to manually wind in with a handle and it has done the job perfectly fine for the past 10 years. It must be about 30m+ long and probably cost around £20 odds 10 years ago.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.