Which VW Dealer for service/warranty work

Gambit

RMS Regular
I’ll definitely get a thread up when there’s a bit of sunshine, 2 blue skips in the one shot 😂

View attachment 427958

is it a manual?

1710434873578.png

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It is indeed. The 8J was the last of the 2.5’s to get a manual box

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I think at the moment they are getting into that achievable price range for a lot of enthusiasts. I can’t see them getting much cheaper from here and as you say being a manual with that engine could well make them a bit of a modern classic in years to come.

Gambit

RMS Regular
I think at the moment they are getting into that achievable price range for a lot of enthusiasts. I can’t see them getting much cheaper from here and as you say being a manual with that engine could well make them a bit of a modern classic in years to come.
The price of them i dont think will go lower, and for some reason people overlook the manuals when i think thats what makes it desirable.

I think If I'm right that car was for sale about 4yrs ago, just before covid struck as I was set to go view it (out frosses Road direction on st Patrick's day but it literally sold the day before and then I blew the scoob up 🤕 well it was manual and same colour - I've a pic of the ad on my work pc I think.

i think it's a great buy and certainly more useable for you than the lotus 👍

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yes same car @Gambit it came over from England about 6 years ago, owned by someone up around cullybackey direction for a bit as there’s a service stamp for there and then the last owner had it about 4 years and recently traded it in for a new Golf R as he needed 5 doors due to kids getting older. I was surprised to see it locally as they are few and far between, a TTRS hadn’t been on my radar due to price but I decided to up the budget a bit to get it, I'm glad I did.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
I used Mallusk Agnew for my first minor service on the Golf. I have a service plan.

No complaints with the service, I did notice the interval was not correctly reset but I returned and they corrected it.

My main pain point was that I expected they would update the ErWin system to record that service but I was told they do not use it or even have access to it and only use their in house VMS system.

It surprised me as I assumed all VW retailers would use / have access to ErWin but seems that is not the case following my multiple conversations with VW UK.

Perhaps it was my misunderstanding but to me having it all in ErWin would give both VW and independents (who have access) full visibility of a cars service history.

Anyhow, the work was done and recorded / proof which is the main thing. I’m just a bit OCD when it comes to things like that.

Maybe it’s a good time to ask if the likes of Philips update Erwin? Could always use them for my next service. Bit out of my way but could make it work.

However my do not wash request was adhered to thankfully @davyk31 .. :p
So they managed to complete a basic service but initially forgot to record it requiring another trip to them? Hardly a fantastic experience to be fair.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
So they managed to complete a basic service but initially forgot to record it requiring another trip to them? Hardly a fantastic experience to be fair.
No they did record it on VMS it was just my expectation they’d also update ErWin but seems not common system they all use.

My return was to have the service interval duration (miles vs days) correctly set. It was much too short. So yes, that bit was not ideal.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
OP
Laundrymike
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
So...with the recent new purchase, wife maths meant she ended up in the newest car we've ever owned!

Eligible for VW extended warranty/service plan and is due a service in 6 months ish anyway - I'll gladly pay £37 a month for one less car to crawl under😁

Anyone had any good/bad/indifferent experiences of VW workshops lately?

Happy to travel to any really

Finally got around to signing up for this and it's only flipping 20% cheaper - what a result!!

No brainer in my eyes if you've a sub 6 year old/less than 100,000 mile example

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Anyone used the MOT option yet?

I’m aware they’ll do the pre check which is fine but do they make the actual MOT booking on your behalf for a suitable date / time / centre of your choosing?
Do they take the car?

Id personally prefer to take it myself so not fussed on that aspect it’s more the actual booking especially with the backlog at present.

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
Yes the dealer will arrange a test at a place and time to suit you. All sorted and confirmed within minutes.
They can also do a pre MOT check over.
If you prefer they can also put the car thru for you and provide a courtesy car.