Woolsey Coulter Kirkistown Academy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

banksy6118

RMS Regular
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Woolsey has another day at kirky on the Friday 23rd of sept.
last time i attended one of his days it was ran brilliantly. head and shoulders above the usual sunday days held there.

Anyone here heading down?

14100540_10207314229401702_5121991680091507112_n.jpg

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Aye I mite go, wouldn't mind another skite on track haven't been on one for over a year now.

Reactions: Hel

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
basically its a track day with on track marshals, groups of 20 let out in smaller groups with martials leading the packs. far better than normal sundays i found. novice groups are heavily policed to which is good. inters and advanced allow overtaking around the outside and obviously on the power or bakes. wools and other ''instructors'' are always happy to help you out, follow you around and give feedback ect.

had an instructor pace behind me for a lap yesterday then overtake and pull me around for abit. having them to follow actually brings on consistency i've found.

rockinhorse

RMS Member
Drives
A bargain
the last track day at kirkiston is the 30th oct which also clashes with the one at mondello and unfortunately for me im in scotland so unless someones running a private day open to outsiders looks like ill be putting covers on till next year..i did hear someone say you can book it but you need at least 15 guys to make the cost reasonable per head..

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Yes i think da-murf knows a fair bit about costs etc. i think there's 2 days in oct on the normal sundays. 2nd + 23rd. not sure if il be doing another this year but il have to see. id love to do mondello but the journey down would be a PITA!!

rockinhorse

RMS Member
Drives
A bargain
ill take that back banksy, modello is on the 30th i wouldn't mind enquiring about even doing a half day depending on the weather if you have the bike loaded on sat night and leave earlier it cant be that bad to get to..check out the mondello trackday webpage...

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
it's about 150 miles for me from bangor. so a 300 mile round trip for a trackday. seems a piss take to be fair but i'm just a lazy t**t and hate long drives!
probably fit another kirky session in this year and maybe get to mondello next year for a full day. head down the night before or something, i'd prefer a van though as im trailering the bike atm.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Attended one of Woolseys track days at Nutts Corner a few years ago; have they stopped now?

Thought it was far better craic than Kirky

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.