WRC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I'll be streaming twitter as can't listen to 'the wireless' in work.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Ogier has had a bit of drama on first stage this morning! Stopped but going again.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
IMG_2925.JPG

Feck that.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Unlike.

By the sound of things it's sooo easy done.

Breen going ok though

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Awlful to hear that the death has been confirmed. RIP :worried:
Let's hope this doesn't have a negative effect on rallying. I have already seen people complaing and comparing these new cars to the Group B era. 8o|

Gutted for Meeke. Let's hope he bounces back for Sweden. I have serious will and I want for him to do well

Reactions: DC.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Lefebrve started again today under Super Rally rules.

See Hanninen went off on SS5 and is also out. He was flying too.

Cess

RMS Staff
@David.S She's been around for years and never really made much headway. Budget was always shoe string and she has worked very hard to get money on board.

Personally, I think she's adopted a strange programme doing sporadic and more expensive one off drives in WRC rounds instead of using the funding for a domestic programme.

The car she drives (Fiesta ST) is now in group N / production class, whereas most up and coming drivers are in the proper recognised junior category - R2. Either in BRC, ERC or Drive DMack or JWRC.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
@David.S She's been around for years and never really made much headway. Budget was always shoe string and she has worked very hard to get money on board.

Personally, I think she's adopted a strange programme doing sporadic and more expensive one off drives in WRC rounds instead of using the funding for a domestic programme.

The car she drives (Fiesta ST) is now in group N / production class, whereas most up and coming drivers are in the proper recognised junior category - R2. Either in BRC, ERC or Drive DMack or JWRC.
Ah, that's a story from the pocket of an anorak :laughing:

didn't think she'd still be running a car that's years out of date :eek:

Cess

RMS Staff
Pretty sure the original ST is still homologated, but it's a 2.0 which means it's R4 2wd. There's nobody else running anything like that at all in international level. The ST Fiesta trophy is long since gone too. So the only thing you'd be rallying against is yourself.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Pretty sure the original ST is still homologated, but it's a 2.0 which means it's R4 2wd. There's nobody else running anything like that at all in international level. The ST Fiesta trophy is long since gone too. So the only thing you'd be rallying against is yourself.
@Cess
Thanks, so not worth putting our logo on her car.

Dave..

RMS Regular
You o

Your money dude, but she's done about 2 rallies in two years. She was very active with PR to be fair to her.
I have emailed her and will wait to see if she replies, thanks for the info.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I have emailed her and will wait to see if she replies, thanks for the info.
If you need help ref understanding the costings of rallying just ask as it is not a cheap sport at all and as such any decent sponsorship comes at a cost of thousands / tens of thousands, even at a local level

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P

I thought she was driving a fiesta R2 the last few rounds or was that rented?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Lefebrve started again today under Super Rally rules.

See Hanninen went off on SS5 and is also out. He was flying too.
But do the team have enough spares on board to be able to repair or are they travelling light as it is the first event and maybe haven't got a full parts bin yet

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.