Kirkistown once again saw the first rally of the season with this, the
New years Stages run by 500MRCI. Around 100 cars started the day with
half of that i’d say 4 wheel drive and 4 WR Cars didn’t take
long in getting the freezing air at the Co. Down circuit alive with
anti lag. Alan Carmichael led from stage one but was locked in a battle with Mark Doyle in a very dated celica all day and eventually held the celica off for the win with Doyle taking second, George Robinson claimed third with a very hard charging John McGlaughlin just 4seconds behind. RMS Photographer Graham Curry left the lens at home and took up the navigating duties with John which brought him his first ever trophy as grpN winners so well done lads. Ray brammer in a WRC impreza was fifth whilst a steady drive from Emma McKinstry brought her impreza WRC home in sixth.
Due to the adverse weather and the dangers around standing water at the end of SS5, the stage was cancelled after half the field had completed the stage, had SS5 times counted the top 3 would have been somewhat different.
1. Alan Carmichael Ivor Lamont 2.0 Impreza WRC 9
2. Mark Doyle Cormac Boyle 2.0 Toyota Celica 9
3. George Robinson Tommy Speers 2.0 Escort WRC 9
4. John McGlaughlin Graham Curry 2.0 Mitsubishi Evo 9 2
5. Ray Brammer Matt Whattam 2.0 Impreza WRC 9
6. Emma McKinstry Kenny Hull 2.0 Impreza WRC 9
7. Brian Muldoon Charlie Beattie 2.0 Subaru Impreza 2
8. Raymond Johnston Simon Johnston 2.0 Mitsubishi Evo 9 2
9. Gary Rogers Brian Crawford 2.0 Mitsubishi Evo 9 2
10. Michael mcColgan Connall Doherty 2.0 Mitsubishi Evo 9 2