Yellow 'police' no parking cones - any legal effect?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
This morning much of the parking spaces on Talbot Street in Belfast was coned off by those yellow cones, shown below.

497236-police-no-parking-cones.jpg

Later in the afternoon there was some filming going on and lots of crew and film trucks and vans were parked in the coned-off 'reserved' spaces.

Sometimes I see them outside people's houses too and they appear to largely obeyed.

Was wondering, can anyone stick these cones down, or are they a police only job?
If you did park in a space that had one of the cones present, would you be breaking the law?

Thanking you!

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
There always out on match days around ravers. I would sware folk just keep them in the garage and throw them out on the day.

AC

RMS Regular
Plenty of this goes on around Queens with students saving spaces outside their houses. If I wasn't apprehensive about them taking revenge out on the car, I'd have them moved and park in the space.

Deleted member 13907

D
I was watching Emergency Bikers last week - traffic cops were giving people £30 fines for pulling over in coned off areas.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I see them over peoples parking places quite often. People park around them and seem to abide by them.

scub

Banned
There always out on match days around ravers. I would sware folk just keep them in the garage and throw them out on the day.
the ones in and around ravenhill/cregagh estate were supplied to residents by the cops .
before it was a free for all with all sorts of a*sholes parking right over driveways etc.
it was either that or some brake fluid justice !

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I see them over peoples parking places quite often. People park around them and seem to abide by them.
They should ONLY be for police use. If I lived near that I'd lift it and take it to a police station!
No one should be taking these for their own use, it's a criminal offense and could be quite dangerous in these times for these to be in the wrong hands.

Parking on them is a £30 FPN, breach of a traffic sign really.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
OP
Ghisallo
Today they have moved the cones to Bridge Street and the movie trucks are all safely parked up behind them, presumably without paying for the parking. Maybe the cones entitle the user to park without paying :p

scub

Banned
Today they have moved the cones to Bridge Street and the movie trucks are all safely parked up behind them, presumably without paying for the parking. Maybe the cones entitle the user to park without paying :p
You in a victor meldrew mood today mate lol

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Plenty of this goes on around Queens with students saving spaces outside their houses. If I wasn't apprehensive about them taking revenge out on the car, I'd have them moved and park in the space.

I frequently do so. And the daily driver has yet to be attacked

Also building contractors working on private properties around eglantine and the botanic areas who put obstacles up to stop people parking, I'm yet to have any damage done to the car and I regularly move them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.