Hillsborough Super Car Sunday this sunday

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MTKelly

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5
Reactions from inside the GT-R yesterday. Looks like proper fun and he's not afraid to use it. (y)

Who let their child sit in the back seat?? At 0.59 you can see him with the belt positioned to take his head off. The guy can handle the car no doubt and maybe was taking it easier with the young ones in it but still its a risk I wouldn't be willing to take with my son.
Looks like great craic but maybe not for kids who need a booster seat.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
That thing was incredible. Stood in the middle of the tunnel in the rain to watch for a while. That GTR was absolutely savage, got a couple of poor quality vids on my phone, but even then you can see it sideways, then catching grip & launching like a rocket. Love it!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
the driving standards on sunday around that stretch of road was absolutely shocking and made it difficult for the drivers to provide a decent run for the passengers. the constant weaving onto the right lane from joe public with little or no signalling and not obeying speed limits was a disgrace on the run up to the h'borough r'about. Im surprised there was not an accident on this road too. Also peoeple not understanding the rules of the road its 70mph on a dual carriageway UNLESS specified. At least on the way back down the c'way there was some consideration

i was NOT surprised either when the accident occured on the link road opposite sainsburys ... 3 car pile up and it was due to tailgating and lack of observation ... the merc and bmw driver (typical) should be ashamed of themeselves ... the conditions due to weather had changed and no compensation for it. :worried:

it would be great for a road closure but on that stretch of road but on a sunday i suspect that would be EXTREMELY difficult for someone to organise. THe use of signs for the event would not even register on the small mindedness of drivers using that road yesterday and lets be honest due to the idiots they would probably cause an accident reading them.

Apart from this it was a good day and great to see the turn out of cars (what recession?!) and a well run event. Good to get a couple of runs with newer machinery ... watching the black GTR squirm off the h'borough r'about was interesting as you drove behind it!

I think you're having too much faith in the public here, people are idiots. You shouldn't set your expectations so high of them, then you won't be as disappointed when they do something stupid.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
the driving standards on sunday around that stretch of road was absolutely shocking and made it difficult for the drivers to provide a decent run for the passengers. the constant weaving onto the right lane from joe public with little or no signalling and not obeying speed limits was a disgrace on the run up to the h'borough r'about. Im surprised there was not an accident on this road too. Also peoeple not understanding the rules of the road its 70mph on a dual carriageway UNLESS specified. At least on the way back down the c'way there was some consideration

i was NOT surprised either when the accident occured on the link road opposite sainsburys ... 3 car pile up and it was due to tailgating and lack of observation ... the merc and bmw driver (typical) should be ashamed of themeselves ... the conditions due to weather had changed and no compensation for it. :worried:

it would be great for a road closure but on that stretch of road but on a sunday i suspect that would be EXTREMELY difficult for someone to organise. THe use of signs for the event would not even register on the small mindedness of drivers using that road yesterday and lets be honest due to the idiots they would probably cause an accident reading them.

Apart from this it was a good day and great to see the turn out of cars (what recession?!) and a well run event. Good to get a couple of runs with newer machinery ... watching the black GTR squirm off the h'borough r'about was interesting as you drove behind it!

Were the Merc or BMW anything to do with the event? Please say it wasn't DVV1T

weepee

RMS Regular
Drives
skoda VRS
i think a change of venue is required for next year, i left after as it got quite dangerous with the amount of sunday drivers weaving back and forward just to have a look at what was along side them. a big thumbs up to the team who run this event year after year.

stdal

RMS Member
Drives
E92 M3
I'm sure this has already been asked, but how in the name of fook is this event legal?

Cracking day and well organised

But other road users seeming wanting to join in, arseholes walking out onto the road to take pics and startled motorists just didn't seem to be very safe IMO.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Im pretty sure it is illegal but cops turn a blind eye. If one of these cars was to crash they wouldnt have a leg to stand on.
The only way this could be legal was if the road was closed.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Illegal speeds with careless and dangerous driving but its sweet as its for charity and Police turn a blind eye :confounded:

Its a great idea, but daft to have it on an open public road

As mentioned above a lap around the Maze site, or Kirkistown etc would be far safer and be out of the way of idiot Sunday drivers.

Andrew M

RMS Member
Drives
Elise RR
It's a great event, the concept is fantastic, but the situation is less than ideal. I have driven every year except one and watched as it has grown in popularity. A closed environment would be brilliant, we could do allot more with the fantastic line up of cars and space to use them, the Maze was discussed before and I hope will be looked at again, I could have a ball within those gates. At present you can only drive to the condition of the road and the other road users, some people get carried away and get spoken too accordingly. This year was brilliant, we raised allot of money for a good cause and had zero incidents, however the Sunday traffic is difficult and I can see every point raised on this thread.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.