Saab electrics problem...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Saab b*stard thing..

Saab 9-3 here. Cleaned ignition switch module, seems 100%, car now saying key not accepted.
Anyone else had this before?
Havent time to get another ignition module at minute, tried disconnecting battery etc etc, wont unlock steering lock. Bypassed steering lock and it wont try the starter even though it lets fuel pump etc run.

I know that this switch is only bit I had off so chances are its that thats ****ed, but has anyone on here had similer happen and howd you fix it?

Ghost

RMS Regular
Had the same problem a while go. Replaced the ECU and ignition before problem was resolved.......

gazvtr

RMS Regular
Drives
S-Line
Can you start the car if you turn the ignition key to ON and press one of the buttons on your key fob ?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Saab b*stard thing..

Saab 9-3 here. Cleaned ignition switch module, seems 100%, car now saying key not accepted.
Anyone else had this before?
Havent time to get another ignition module at minute, tried disconnecting battery etc etc, wont unlock steering lock. Bypassed steering lock and it wont try the starter even though it lets fuel pump etc run.

I know that this switch is only bit I had off so chances are its that thats ****ed, but has anyone on here had similer happen and howd you fix it?

Do you have a spare key ?

What was the history leading up to this problem ? and I presume the immobiliser light is flashing with the ignition on ?

Ive heard of cars with flat batteries or being laid up for a while losing programming. You may need someone with Vaux-Com or Tech2 to reprogram the relevant modules to to your keys.

or you mention at the end removing some switch ? So you've tampered with some stuff ?

Boksic

RMS Regular
OP
Boksic
Ignition doesn't turn as far as the on position. Won't turn at all in fact

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Sounds like a CIM fault to me

Try Darren Green, Saab Master Tech NI (07979760567) he will get it sorted for you

Boksic

RMS Regular
OP
Boksic
Cheers Brennan will phone him. Is he hard paid
Stevie it's not a normal mechanical key, it's a strange saab effort that's a plastic key with transponder in it. If the key is close enough to the hole you can actually use your thumb to operate the ignition turning.. see YouTube for 93 keyless start, makes more sense if you see it. As said I can bypass the "lock" part of the setup but the car won't let the starter operate

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Cheers Brennan will phone him. Is he hard paid
Stevie it's not a normal mechanical key, it's a strange saab effort that's a plastic key with transponder in it. If the key is close enough to the hole you can actually use your thumb to operate the ignition turning.. see YouTube for 93 keyless start, makes more sense if you see it. As said I can bypass the "lock" part of the setup but the car won't let the starter operate
Very easy paid, doesnt rip the arse outta ya like others do, carrys out all the work on my motor, i wouldnt send it to anyone else. Tell him Aaron in the black twin turbo 9-3 sent ya (y)

Boksic

RMS Regular
OP
Boksic
Cheers dude. Where abouts in the country is he based? Will try and ring him later on
Could do with him calibrating a steering angle sensor on the sisters 93 while he's at it.. Stupid yellow lights!!

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Cheers dude. Where abouts in the country is he based? Will try and ring him later on
Could do with him calibrating a steering angle sensor on the sisters 93 while he's at it.. Stupid yellow lights!!
Hes on the ballyclare road, Newtownabbey, just up the road from Corrs Corner

Hes got a facebook page if you're on there. Type in SAAB NI

Ghost

RMS Regular
Second recommendation for Darren. He sorted the same problem out for me. Couldn't meet a more decent fella.

Boksic

RMS Regular
OP
Boksic
Update on this, just off phone to him there, sounds a good fella, told me a couple of things to try first, and if push comes to shove it'll be £300ish and transport it down to him.
Not half as bad as I was expecting to be honest.
He'll certainly be the boy to go to if anything goes wrong

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Update on this, just off phone to him there, sounds a good fella, told me a couple of things to try first, and if push comes to shove it'll be £300ish and transport it down to him.
Not half as bad as I was expecting to be honest.
He'll certainly be the boy to go to if anything goes wrong
told you hes the boy to go to. Hes the only master technican in NI for SAAB

Boksic

RMS Regular
OP
Boksic
Sorted this myself.. Turns out the replacement ignition switch i put in from a breaker someone had previously stripped and rebuilt it wrong. Car always thought there was a key in ignition and wouldn't operate locks or steering lock and so immobilised itself not letting starter operate. Rebuilt switch mechanism, plugged in and away it went. Chances are car I got the switch from was broken for the same reason mine wouldn't start!
Cheers for the help anyway fellas!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.