What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Ok folks ive decided to put this thread up so we can all let of a bit of steam about the bell ends we encounter everyday when we're out on the roads. It could be bad driving you've seen, people cutting you up etc.etc or maybe just stupid things that have browned you off today whilst driving. Tell us all about it !!

Ill start with roundabouts.....The number of people who just don't know how to use a roundabout correctly is staggering, they either enter it wrong, in the wrong lane for exiting or my favorite indicate right in the left lane a vehicle should never indicate right in the left lane on a roundabout unless as said at the start they have entered it incorrectly. A roundabout is only another road junction but some people just can get it.

Rant over......Now feel free to tell your stories and get it of your chest.

Regards Mark.

Last edited:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
The guy who I keep encountering on my way from Bangor to Ards in his 530d. He's always happily sitting amongst traffic in the appropriate lane until I come past in the overtaking lane. 3 times now he has waited until I'm pulling back in and then pulls out, hures it past me and pulls straight in in front of me, as if to say, 'ha, beat you!'. I am finding his mentality deeply depressing.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Amongst other things (quite alot of things) i hate people forcing their way out of junctions. If you had waited , i may have let you out , but if you edge your way out I'll drive round you. Next is people who stop to let a passenger out or whatever when there's somewhere obvious to pull over , albiet at a very slight inconvenience to them.

I leave it there , i have too many to put on here.

Last edited:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Get that alot , it would seem they dont like being passed for some reason.
The guy who I keep encountering on my way from Bangor to Ards in his 530d. He's always happily sitting amongst traffic in the appropriate lane until I come past in the overtaking lane. 3 times now he has waited until I'm pulling back in and then pulls out, hures it past me and pulls straight in in front of me, as if to say, 'ha, beat you!'. I am finding his mentality deeply depressing.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Amongst other things (quite alot of things) i hate people forcing their way out of junctions. If you had waited , i may have let you out , but if you edge your way out I'll drive round you. Next is people who stop to let someone out or whatever when there's somewhere obvious to pull over , albiet at a very slight inconvenience to them.

I leave it there , i have too many to put on here.

Yeh dude they're all good ones ....feel free to come on everyday and tell use of your gripes.

loliver

RMS Regular
Drives
nurburgring 223
Mine wasn't today but yday. Headin to work at 7.30am, the dual carriageway between Ballygawley and Dungannon hadn't been gritted so it was extremely slippy! There was a queue of traffic, everyone keeping a good distance APART from the dickhead that was behind me. Tailgating, when it's slippy and in a queue of traffic because the other lane was inpassible. I was livid! Some people have no brains or consideration for other people's safety!

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Let me say first that i drive for a living so i tend to see a lot of dodgy things going on so yaz might see me on here a lot.!!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
This afternoon alone:

A retard, inbred, knuckle dragging, sister fiddling p***k in a Passat with the seat so far back and reclined that I literally couldn't see him over the steering wheel. As the car got closer, I noticed a baby sitting in a baby seat in the back too. How can he think that having poor visibility and a terrible seating position makes it safe to drive a 1 or 2 year old child about?

Approximately 100-120 cyclists coming down the main Downpatrick/Crossgar road, sitting 2 abreast, but leaving massive gaps between groups or 2 or 3 riders, with the gaps not being far enough apart to pull out safely between them, and there being a queue of around 20 car/vans stuck behind them too as they wouldn't have had a safe gap to overtake the long line of cyclists. These have to be the most inconsiderate shower of basterds that we are forced to share the road with.

A few days ago:

An Insignia coming up our road and not pulling over at all, or making an attempt to do so. Needless to say, I got out and made him to reverse into the HUGE lane that he was merely a car length passed as I had a tri axle trailer on and was sitting on a corner. His 4 or 5 attempts to reverse into the lane that I could have turned around in with ease just annoyed me even more, as he didn't seem fit to hold a valid licence.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
The amount of salt on the roads, and the ever increasing amount of ridiculous speed ramps cropping up on every "alternate" route that I have available to me for EVERY journey.

No issues with traffic calming, but there are less invasive and damaging ways to do this.........

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Speed limits.... When the road opens up and in the back of your mind you're thinking this could be a licence loser.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
The amount of salt on the roads, and the ever increasing amount of ridiculous speed ramps cropping up on every "alternate" route that I have available to me for EVERY journey.

No issues with traffic calming, but there are less invasive and damaging ways to do this.........

Whole heartedly agree about speed bumps. I genuinely would prefer a fixed speed camera than these, and some are absolute mountains.

Also, the absolute state of the road within a mile range of my house in all directions. It has to be one of the worst stretches of roads I have come across for driving because its so uneven, and littered with potholes, grooves and sunken manholes. Gets dug up for maintenance etc, then the patchwork fixes are absolute sh1te!

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Ok folks driving an artic that can top out at 44 tonnes i leave a gap between me and the vehicle in front just incase i have to break hard so it gives me a bit of a chance but the thing is that a lot of dumb fuks think this is an invitation for them to overtake then pull into said space so i have break and make another gap and so on and so on.
After driving artics for 18 years i know that there are good truckers and shiit ones also but the thing that surprises me the most is the chances some car drivers take with trucks even if the trucker is a complete d1ck and a shiity driver and in the wrong put a car up against a 50 foot. 44 ton wagon and i know who is going to get really fuked up.

brendy

RMS Regular
Sunny Bangor, newtonards rd coming back down into town. There are 2 lanes, one unmarked and one for right turns only. I'm usually in the left lane which can turn left, straight on OR turn right past Dunlop homes offices, dominos etc. The terry fukwits that see me indicating right and still pull into the left lane after the turn cutting me off..figuratively boils my piss. Give them a honk or give the old "what are you doing" hands and they look at you as if you'd killed their youngest.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Ard to Bangor 200 yards before the roundabout, a tool in a seat undertakes me, then pulls out in front of me causing me to break heavily. Plenty of signals and signs from me. Followed him and his scragend for another miles or two into Bloomfields car park. Kept behind him in the car park. He spots a parking bay, sticks it into reverse, and I decided to move on up his arse to about 1 foot. After releasing I wasn't that bothered if he hit the jeep he slammed it into first and took off. Nuff said and point made.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
You're all easy annoyed :laughing:
Yeh mate maybe you're right but i can be on the roads some days for 15 hrs ( legal of course) it's a long enough day without having to put up with knob heads that haven't a clue of what's good when behind a wheel. I wish i didn't get annoyed at all but sometimes its not down to me.

56oval

RMS Regular
I cant be arsed getting annoyed behind the wheel, the only thing that does
royally grip my sh*t is the Northern Ireland driving test, which availed itself of showing every person who ever passed the test what the indicator stalk on a vehicle actually does, i swear they are not fitted to one car in this country.