Trackskills Track Day Sunday 19th April - Afterthoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Great day down there today, weather was fantastic and great range of motors to watch. All the RMS motors seemed to being going well. Got a few iphone photos which I will try and upload later.

@svensktoppen motor was definitely going rightly. I was the person talking to you about your tyres after your first session. That honda engine sounds great, but it is no 5cylinder :p

Also, the amazing La Ferrari was parked up in the paddock. I only have some iphone quality pics, but it was really was amazing to look at.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
Drives
too much
Was good days craic

@evo98 car looked and sounded awesome today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 187

MarkM

RMS Regular
Great day even though I had to retire with a missfire. Good to catch up with some familiar names off here :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Super day indeed! Great to meet some old faces again, as well as a few new ones. So many nice cars out as well.

After the first session on brand new 888 tyres, I thought somebody had been pulling my leg, lol, like driving on wet soap bars!

Second session - mmm, more like it, almost as good as the old AD08 I just ditched!

Third session - Jaysus, lol, a good second off the previous PB on AD08 :grinning:

Then another half second off that, lol, 1:09.588 in the end according to my new favourite toy - hours of fun to be had at the laptop analysing every corner of every lap :cool: 8-|

P1060646.JPG

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Another great day , fine weather and fine cars ,la Ferrari is awesome especially when moving , tremendous roadpresence !
also great to see the 458 and the Vectra ,interesting to look around .
Some very fast race cars there today supercharged civic was unreal in the way it could accelerate , didn't get a run out with @evo98 as he had a misfire and we had a balljoint on the way out but it held out to the end , and strangely some of the balance that has been missing was starting to come back.

OS Ken

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 9-5 all day
M3 on trailer, usual rush ,still haven't got geometry set but will see how it goes , loads of understeer the last day so hope we can get it sorted. Anyway good day forecast and a possible run out with @evo98 , could be a memorable one !
Not hearing from @OS Ken or @ jim 28 where are you guys?
I know we have not been about between putting the pennies into the motors and working new crazy shifts but that will be changing soon and we will be back.Missing Kirker bigtime.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
After much analysis of many, many, many highly interesting tables and graphs, I can now inform you all that wee Princess pulled 1.31g today during the fastest lap. I have absolutely no idea what so ever what that might mean, if it means anything at all, but it sounds very interesting, lol :p 8-|

RoniN

RMS Regular
Great day all round and the wee car held together :cool:
@collyirwin11 sorry I'm only realising now you where in the ST parked beside me, doh!!!
@MarkM great to meet you and the missus today and will you see TJ in the Evo ??? I have figured out how he thinks he knows me !!! lol

Cheers

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
OP
collyirwin11
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Great day all round and the wee car held together :cool:
@collyirwin11 sorry I'm only realising now you where in the ST parked beside me, doh!!!
@MarkM great to meet you and the missus today and will you see TJ in the Evo ??? I have figured out how he thinks he knows me !!! lol

Cheers

No no, wasn't down in the ST, came down in a friends Megane 225. Saw a blue ST sitting there though, beside a puma, so I take it you where in the red puma?? Both puma's where going superb.

Actually loved the battles between the fiesta's, was great entertainment them following so closely for so many laps.

RoniN

RMS Regular
Ahhh !! My mistake, didn't want you thinking I was rude only saying hello and not chatting for abit.
Wee car held up ok but will improve with new brakes and tyres and hopefully the driver will get up to speed again too. :p

Cheers

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
I was up at this for a nosy with the soon to be BIL @thomasr . If I'd have known which RMSers where there I would have said hello.

Was that you in the yellow Elise @svensktoppen ?

We were at the chicane when that wee mini hit the tyres. :worried: We were totally gutted for him but heard him saying it was only panel damage.

I'm not a Ferrari man but it was hard not to love that La Ferrari

IMAG0002[1].jpg

IMAG0003[1].jpg

Conor

RMS Regular
Love how it has clearly seen plenty of road judging by the exhaust tips. Don't know why you would keep something like that as a garage queen.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.