Supercar Sunday at Hillsborough Oyster Festival - Sunday 6th September 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Apologies, I little exuberant driving was the order of the day but that said its nice to see an evo on the road let alone one giving it some beans (y)

Enjoyed the few hours out myself, spent some time in the paddock and then watched some of the machinery from the strip - excellent!

Landed into the little roundabout as you were popping and banging your way around it Carl.

Casadalloro

RMS Regular
Drives
alfa, maserati
there wasn't an evo taking part that I saw

All the cars trying to race the "supercars" taking part WILL cause problems with the event.... There was an M3 trying to keep up with me at 1 stage just doing same route as us looking for a race i guess.... Did they realise all official cars had pink dots on their screens and hopefully they might be getting a wee letter from the psni ... Wouldnt be hard to do...

There was no Evo officially taking part.....

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
There was an M3 trying to keep up with me at 1 stage just doing same route as us looking for a race i guess....

If the M3 was Grey and it was about 1530 then that may have been me as I was leaving the spectator car park after having been there since midday. I admit I did follow the route round however I was at no time trying to 'keep up' or 'race' anyone. I had my baby Girl in the car and was merely interested in seeing the route round and my Wife was impressed by the volume of cars parked at the side of the road for the event so wanted to see that. After one 'lap', I hopped onto the motorway and headed to Oxford Island for a wee family walk.

Admittedly, I did boot it out of a couple of roundabouts but who wouldn't in a CSL but I was at no time trying to Race anyone.

Casadalloro

RMS Regular
Drives
alfa, maserati
Maybe with a nice car like that you should help out next year..... We were all a bit under pressure and I only got 1 break during the day for 10 mins... More cars the better......And the M3 would appeal to many i would have thought....

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
Maybe with a nice car like that you should help out next year..... We were all a bit under pressure and I only got 1 break during the day for 10 mins... More cars the better......And the M3 would appeal to many i would have thought....

I will seriously consider it although I may be Naive, I didn't think an 11 year old M3 would cut the Mustard against the metal that was in attendance.

Well done to everyone who put in the effort for this, :thumbs:

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
All the cars trying to race the "supercars" taking part WILL cause problems with the event.... There was an M3 trying to keep up with me at 1 stage just doing same route as us looking for a race i guess.... Did they realise all official cars had pink dots on their screens and hopefully they might be getting a wee letter from the psni ... Wouldnt be hard to do...

There was no Evo officially taking part.....

If the cops had of been on the ball last sunday they would have ran out of tickets, One fella in a red supra was taking the piss heading up the dual carriage way towards Hillsborough. Well into triple figures. Its great to see the Ferraris and 911's giving it the beans and they sound great but some were going over board IMO.

Casadalloro

RMS Regular
Drives
alfa, maserati
Dunno.... Plenty seemed keen enough to get in a 2002 Maserati.... Lots of BMW nuts out there, and its a quick car.... My 11 yr old only wanted to get runs in the cobra and the ford mustang.... More variety is good....

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
I gave the atom the beans a good bit too but only when I could, defo did back off thou as I didn't want to get a speeding ticket. I seen the police had an M3 or m5 pulled just as I was coming up too :grinning: I didn't want to disappoint anyone who paid to get in. One guy paid £110 then even got in a second time, think he paid £40 the second time

ph11mcf

RMS Regular
Drives
SQ7/ftype v8

sat on the hard shoulder for a good while , great hearing the cars nailing it

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
On board video from the other day mainly catching reactions of passengers incuding my new girlfriend Pamela an my new mate Eugene Donnolly lol :grinning:

Thanks to Steve Hawthorne for editing

Casadalloro

RMS Regular
Drives
alfa, maserati
I gave the atom the beans a good bit too but only when I could, defo did back off thou as I didn't want to get a speeding ticket. I seen the police had an M3 or m5 pulled just as I was coming up too :grinning: I didn't want to disappoint anyone who paid to get in. One guy paid £110 then even got in a second time, think he paid £40 the second time
Think it was an orange M5 and im not sure if he was officially involved.... Think we all had sense to back off at junctions as you never know what might pull out......

johnboy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk 6 Golf Gti
If the cops had of been on the ball last sunday they would have ran out of tickets, One fella in a red supra was taking the piss heading up the dual carriage way towards Hillsborough. Well into triple figures. Its great to see the Ferraris and 911's giving it the beans and they sound great but some were going over board IMO.

was that around 4pm?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.