Autotesting - Low cost automotive ballet

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
On the RMS Blog: Motorsport is notorious for being costly. It starts off as a bit of fun, but then the competitive spirit kicks it. Being competitive usually means chucking more money at competition car than is eminently sensible.There has to be some sort of low cost motorsport that’s big on thrills, but easy on the wallet? There is. Let me introduce you to the wheel-spinning world of autotesting. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
So much for for such little money and teaches a hell of a lot of car control basics !

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Did the MGCC autotest a couple of saturdays ago at nutts corner and it was £20 each entry for myself and my son. They also ran a tutorial in the morning with George McMillan and Mark Falkner as the tutors. Fantastic that the experienced guys are willing to invest time and patience into beginners to the sport. I think there were 36 entries which is a decent entry for a club event.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
You are talking about £15 for annual club membership and about £20 per event plus a couple of quid fuel and tyre wear

most events seen 30+ entries

OZ10

RMS Regular
Clubman licence not needed unless competiting in NI Championship which is top end of the sport.

Cage not needed. Standard road can compete.

As said standard fee's are around £15 per year membership, only need to be a member of one club to compete in any autotest unless you want to do a clubs championship then be a member of that club. Usual fee's are around £20 to compete, no higher unless you go to championship autotesting.

If you are going to Dubshed we are running a NI championship round on the Saturday and a Tandem Autotest on the Sunday for invited drivers.

I created this topic a while back, some links are dead - will try get them updated soon
Introduction to Autotesting

Any more questions feel free to contact me.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Biggest problem for me would be remembering the route to take round the cones. It always looks very confusing.

OZ10

RMS Regular
Biggest problem for me would be remembering the route to take round the cones. It always looks very confusing.

Depends on what level you want to start at. The TSCC events like the one pictured are all forwards motion and are usually fairly simple to navigate around. You are allowed to walk the test however many times you want before the event. Once the event starts generally you wouldnt walk the test again but depends on the club and the layout of tests.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
It can be and it was my fear too but getting out there regularly deffo helps as this one was better than the autosolo that we did at the tail end of last year. Cheap entry level motorsport with helpful people.

OZ10

RMS Regular
When is the next one

Sorry i see now dubshed, how can i be invited

The drivers have already been invited as far as I know. These will include the NI championship competiors and top drivers from a few of the clubs. PPMC event would be good to start on. Entries are out for it already on their site.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.