Thoughts On Tonight's First Episode Of Top Gear?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dmcmsn

RMS Regular
Drives
GolfRDSG
FB_IMG_1464552282418.jpg

What are your thoughts on the first episode tonight? So far, Chris Evans is trying too much to be like Jeremy.

Last edited by a moderator:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I wish they had tried a new format rather just copy the original.
Roll on the new Amazon show.

I think this sums it up perfectly David, I reckon the new Amazon show with Clasrkson and co with be excellent.

Joey is actually a lot better than I thought he was going to be.

The bbc haven't even bought a new sofa for the interviews lol.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Something on BBC Three now with Chris Harris et al.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Bit shlt , but it'll take a while for it to find its feet and natural rhythmn. Liked the rally cross bit more than the old celebrity format.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
I thought it wasn't bad. Evans said himself there was nothing wrong with old Top Gear format, so I wasn't expecting it to be too much of a diverse from the original. I think they will find their own way after a season or two. Perhaps playing it a little safe at the moment. For me Le Blanc was definitely the surprise of the show...I thought he was excellent. Chris Evans' voice though :worried:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Tough crowd you lot!

I thought it was excellent, Le Blanc is very good.

Looking forward to seeing what Chris Harris adds to the show, I think he will be in it from next week.

No such thing as giving it a fair shot that's for sure.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
I really enjoyed the show,
Leblanc is a funny guy and i think them two gel well.

Altho anyone would be better than that onion Clarkson!

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
I enjoyed it tbh, you can tell they haven't quite settled in yet so it should be interesting to see what the others bring.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Has potential to be fair, chris trying a bit too hard, matt le blanc was very watchable and will turn out to be a worthy addition to the lineup. Sounds like a good car lineup next week

Jet9

RMS Regular
Dreadful and cringe worthy. A total waste of time.
Without the Clarkson script this programme is going to struggle.

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
ST
I thought it was very poor, more or less the same format as before from start to finish, they should of took the chance to shake it up a little and make it they're own. I was actually cringing for chris Evans...Leblanc wasn't so bad!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.