Wifes Leon FR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Well after flogging her Ibiza Cupra TDi to some gullible wee lad from the country, @browne174, we started looking for a bigger car.

This Leon FR popped up in Irvingstown from the same chap @Deemc got his Yellow colour collection from a thouroughly bloody nice bloke. After two 94 mile trips there and back we agreed a price and drove home with it.

It's a PD170 and it's going to remain standard powerwise due to the slightly more volatile nature of this engine with regards to DPF issues, so I don't want to tempt fate.

It's loads more comfortable than the Ibiza's rock solid suspension and handling is great with seat that actually bolster you in place. The cabin, despite my negative view to the person that designed the center console having the design skills of a chimp with a paintbrush, has grown on me highly and will look great once I pop an RNS unit of some description in there down the line.

Its had the upgraded Andromeda wheels, Auto dim rear mirror, dual climate, auto lights and wipers, and a few other niceties that make it a pleasure to drive and i's surprisingly fun with a lively rear end and very positive/predictive handling.

I've not given it a full clean yet as with moving house over the last few weeks and being a lazy *******. But I have managed to take the sandpaper to a few scratches out of it and managed to remove 90% of them to a standard im happy enough with.

So here's the pictures of a standard Leon!

null_zpsdf270a32.jpg

2013-08-23185557-1.jpg

2013-08-24091736.jpg

null_zps1ce8074f.jpg

null_zps378e9b6f.jpg

null_zps860a33b0.jpg

null_zps771ad816.jpg

null_zpsa152365d.jpg

null_zps1ce8074f.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Ive near enough the same wee hairline scratches on mine on the front arches :worried: Lovely car dude, for the money they are a really good car.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice. Looks really smart in Silver actually, not too many about in it.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
very nice, sneeky map required though(y)

As above, i'm not going to bother! Most places reccomend a DPF removal and all that i've seen with this are rather smokey, this doenst even let a puff out of it!

I'd only be going to Steven and Harry @ Performance360 for a map, but REVO pulled support for this engine so it'll be staying standard :grinning: It goes pretty well as is anyhow! :grinning:

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
i would say it pulls well, my fiancee has the 140 2.0 tdi model and it pulls well also,
looks fresh and clean in silver for a change:grinning:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Very nice mate. I was very surprised how well a mate's went when I was in it.

josh897

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 Leon
Very nice! regarding the dpf removal though I would 100% recommend it, mine only has 48k and I was having issues with it, kept throwing itself into limp mode etc
The videos online will put you off dpf removals as they nearly did for me but when my car was on the dyno I stood behind the car and there was no smoke, car gained 27bhp just ripping out the dpf and obd autotune tweaked it upto 210, had the option to go higher but like yourself I dont like the smoke and I did this for reliability not power, cant complain though the extra 40 bhp and the 315ftlbs of torque is fun though lol and the engine runs farrr smoother

Reactions: KJS

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Very nice! regarding the dpf removal though I would 100% recommend it, mine only has 48k and I was having issues with it, kept throwing itself into limp mode etc
The videos online will put you off dpf removals as they nearly did for me but when my car was on the dyno I stood behind the car and there was no smoke, car gained 27bhp just ripping out the dpf and obd autotune tweaked it upto 210, had the option to go higher but like yourself I dont like the smoke and I did this for reliability not power, cant complain though the extra 40 bhp and the 315ftlbs of torque is fun though lol and the engine runs farrr smoother

Cheers Josh!

At the minute the car isn't giving any issues at all with the DPF. But if it starts to give bother It's something I'll certainly look into.

What way was yours done? direct replacement pipe for the DPF or removed, cut open, gutted and welded back up?

josh897

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 Leon
It had about a 5"x5" square cut out then welded back up again, I had a look under the car while it was on the 4 post and with the engine under tray on you cant see a thing
Had the egr blanked off while I was at it, that might add to why it runs smoother aswell but not sure

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Popping this up for sale in the next week or so I reckon.

75K miles totally standard. Great spec internally. Fantastic car for the past 3.5 years. Needs nothing only a wheel refurb if you're fussy. £4500

Let me know if anyone would be interested before i take it to the Eurocar wash for a final valet and pop on Gumtree.

Niall

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What year is it? Great we car for the money would like it myself, but just wrong timing.

Surprised to hear Revo don't support this engine, didn't know that!

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
What year is it? Great we car for the money would like it myself, but just wrong timing.

Surprised to hear Revo don't support this engine, didn't know that!

Its a 2007. you know you want it!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.