WRC 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
image.png

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
So from what I read this year the engines are still 1.6 turbo however now they are producing 380bhp instead of 300bhp. The aero has been improved to enable more down force and the center diff returns :party: Should be a good season!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Volkswagen to homologate Polo WRC for 2017 World Rally Championship | Autocar

My hunch about the likes of Red Bull stepping in to run a team could well still happen at this news.

Makes sense really as VW want a customer based rally operation running on the R5 cars, but this is still a year off so why not utilise the massive amounts of work and money that has went into the 17WR car and make a few million to offset the expense to date and possibly even make a few million whilst still keeping the brand alive in a mildly mainstream sport.

To homologate though the car must do Monte or at least start the event, so do they stick Marcus in the car and retire it after SS1 or will there be a full team set up by that stage with Seb at thw helm?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Nasser Al-Attiyah 'doing his best' to keep VW in the WRC in the form of a private team according to a Finnish journo.

Sam.

RMS Regular
Read that last week, rumour was a potential team with Al-Attiyah and Mikkelsen.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Colin Clark will have news tomorrow about one driver sorting out his future. Coincidentally tomorrow is Finnish Independence Day…

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I guess between them Nasser and Mikkelsen have no shortage of cash... Not sure where else Mikkelsen would go?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Colin Clark's thoughts on what's going on.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Has anyone been to the Swedish Round? If you wouldn't mind I'd like to ask some info as I'm heading in February, just any need to knows. Been chatting to @svensktoppen who give me good info.

@Graham @Cess @Reno_LV are the most likely ones I can think off.

Cess

RMS Staff
@weeloaney (et al)

You've two options. RallyTravel - costs a bit, but totally hassle free. Everything is sorted out for you, lifted and laid everywhere, they will cover all the prime spots (eg Colin's Crest) and they have good contacts. Which means things like they will tours of M-Sport or Hyundai's service area whilst the cars are in or Haydon Paddon will come and give talks in the hotel.

Or just book everything yourself. Cars, accommodation, rally packs, plus pick your own spots, paddle your own canoe.

Watched WRC events each method. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Both are equally as good.

As for the Swedes. They are all beautiful, speak better English than we do and are thoroughly great spuds.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@weeloaney (et al)

You've two options. RallyTravel - costs a bit, but totally hassle free. Everything is sorted out for you, lifted and laid everywhere, they will cover all the prime spots (eg Colin's Crest) and they have good contacts. Which means things like they will tours of M-Sport or Hyundai's service area whilst the cars are in or Haydon Paddon will come and give talks in the hotel.

Or just book everything yourself. Cars, accommodation, rally packs, plus pick your own spots, paddle your own canoe.

Watched WRC events each method. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Both are equally as good.

As for the Swedes. They are all beautiful, speak better English than we do and are thoroughly great spuds.

We are paddling our own canoe as you say :p

Nearly fully sorted, just need to get the rally passes and then kinda organise where to watch and most importantly save up some money.

We met a Swedish fella in Spain and we were talking about the Swedish rally and he told us don't go to it, it's f**kng freezing lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.