RMS Offroad Enthusiasts - Punch Hunt - Flagstaff - 25th August 2019

Bryan

RMS Regular
That looks like one boneshaker of a ride. Not too disimilar to the Wrangler though :p

I love how they roll it over twice the opposite direction to get it back on its wheels and then carefully wind the windows back up. Cracker.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
@Coog would it be best to start a new thread for the 26th February?

I've got the day "booked" and they've made a event page on Facebook for one to say there going.

For ones who don't have Facebook there happy with me just notifying them.

Link to the event page

www.facebook.com/events/722216057943140??ti=ia

Glad you edited that to say the link isn't working. I thought I had been indefinitely banned from even viewing public Facebook posts there... :oops:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Glad you edited that to say the link isn't working. I thought I had been indefinitely banned from even viewing public Facebook posts there... :oops:
Got the link working, had to remove a bit of it.

I tried to invite you on Facebook but your name wouldn't come up. Noticed that before when I went to tag you in stuff lol.

I actually can't get into your profile, what the hell did you do? I'm not believing the story you told me lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
@Coog would it be best to start a new thread for the 26th February?

I've got the day "booked" and they've made a event page on Facebook for one to say there going.

For ones who don't have Facebook there happy with me just notifying them.

Link to the event page

www.facebook.com/events/722216057943140??ti=ia

I'll edit the thread title sure instead of starting a new one. Will get it added to the calendar too (if not done already)

J-VW

RMS Regular
Guys any cheap jeeps with test around 1k? If I get something I'll be there lol. My Disco I took to the last RMS offroading day sadly needed a fair bit doing so passed it onto a mate.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Those Frontera's are good craic. The later ones aren't as well protected underneath as the older ones but aside from that are a very decent 4x4 for the money.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Restricted articulation up front but very good on the rear and was rare I got stuck in mine. Surprisingly they don't seem to rust. Mine must have been 20 years old and was absolutely perfect underneath (in the beginning). Think I paid about £150 for it with 3/4 months MOT and sailed it about for a year or so. The only thing that ever broke was the front chassis mounts in the wheel arch from all the jumping but it was easy welded together again (did it about 3 times lol)

By all means a very decent 4x4 by anyones standards and just as good as any other SWB 4x4 with IFS.

That Diahatsu is a cert to be clean rotten. CRV might be OK though

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Would love to get something like this myself, could happen yet. My only problem would be where to keep it. As of today there'll be 3 cars at my house :relieved:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Meant to post on Sunday evening but forgot.

Just since it was mentioned before would anyone be interested in a hint to flagstaff this Sunday?

You about @gav525, you can't make the 26th February is it?

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
I would take my own but I've no off road tyres yet, a rear bag has a very slow leak so she doesn't raise up much at the back either.

However if someone had a spare seat I'll happily come for the craic. @Nicky ?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Meant to post on Sunday evening but forgot.

Just since it was mentioned before would anyone be interested in a hint to flagstaff this Sunday?

You about @gav525, you can't make the 26th February is it?

I was intending to be around, but now have to fly over to work on Sunday afternoon. Only for one day though and then I'm home again.

Although it's looking good for me being here on the 26th February after all as I still don't have the new visa for Iraq! Once we do get the visas, my colleague is going out for his 28day stint first, which hopefully leaves me at home for the off-roading!

Still a mountain of jobs to get through on the Shogun first though :worried:

Also to add if I am home and anyone wants to jump in as a passenger for the day they're more than welcome. Will let you have a go at off-roading the Shogun also (y)

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
unless there is others wanting to head this Sunday I not hugely bothered anymore lol.

Time seems to be short atm and have a good bit to do.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
unless there is others wanting to head this Sunday I not hugely bothered anymore lol.

Time seems to be short atm and have a good bit to do.

I'll have a look at the Range Rover when I get home tonight. If it's not losing massive amounts of oil, I'll take it a blast on Sunday. Have absolutely no compassion for the stove that's in it, but would like to make sure it'll get me home at least... :p

I'll drop you a text later and let you know @weeloaney. Would be good to see that everything else works on it before I extract the donkey that's in it. @Alan_B if I'm going, then certainly you can go. Not holding out massive hope though.

26th of February should be a cert though as I'm taking the Vitara on the wee recovery truck regardless of what shape it's in :laughing: