1995 Calibra Turbo (Not many left like this)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
D2380CF6-210A-47C9-9AC4-6417C0D3E2FA.jpeg
ALmost forgot I had this lol had a pining to go see it since a local really low mileage example appeared so took a trip down and Gave it a check over, happy to report everything is as it should be, no leaks started first turn of the key and no dreaded xe/let tapping from cold...

26318 miles now and looking forward to spring to get a major service and fluids all done then some use again... been a long five years

Thanks photobucket for killing forum links!!
5727421F-D8B5-431B-AA2E-2233AB5E4961.jpeg
D5D3B921-C4A4-4394-AD50-B92200D8B9C4.png
7548C80A-7B6B-457A-842A-2A2EB0421C5A.png
2D6CB340-460D-404B-8B32-628D97E8D86B.jpeg

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
You know you have too many cars when you forget you have one.
Cav has been keeping me entertained and busy!!! This has been out of sight out of mind but have the belts kit and water pump all sitting and will do all the fluids come spring or thereabouts

coling2005

RMS Regular
Drives
Altea, ATR, CRX
Lovely motor. I'm a cavalier fan but also can't help but like the calibra. Remember a maths teacher from high school having one!
I occasionally daydream that I open a shed or shipping container and discover a car that I bought and put away and forgot about! Lol.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I can’t remember the last time I seen one of these on the road. That’s definately one to hold onto!

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Wouldn't be a Vauxhall man but that's a nice motor.

There's a black one with VXR graphics and an exhaust in the centre of the back bumper driving around co. Tyrone, I've been trying to get a pic of it for the sniff thread for ages lol

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
1958EE58-2B56-4D19-A7A2-275CF2E7AE4A.jpeg
Lovely motor. I'm a cavalier fan but also can't help but like the calibra. Remember a maths teacher from high school having one!
I occasionally daydream that I open a shed or shipping container and discover a car that I bought and put away and forgot about! Lol.
Yeah cav is my firm favourite and I never was keen on Cali till I picked up a wee se8

Both cav and Cali were parked up in 2012 and cav returned this year so hope Cali will be good to go next year

Last edited:

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
02C2036A-2086-43C0-90E0-1A3AB9D85217.jpeg
D10D20FD-C092-4814-ADEC-DCDB59F333A6.jpeg
84CDEF0B-ED9A-473E-8674-98B202195330.png
Trailed this out yesterday and fired it through mot

6.5 years from it was tucked away, sailed straight through with a grand total now of 26k

Now in for full service belts pump fluids etc

Love driving this thing... gna have to resist adding stupid miles

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Car looks fantastic certainly not many of them about anymore.

That Downpatrick MOT centre?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Yeah it got a good reception lol... test was quick but chatting for a while took the most time
Just out of interest ,could you put a value on this .were would you ever go to get another one like this .fantastic job.(y)

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Just out of interest ,could you put a value on this .were would you ever go to get another one like this .fantastic job.(y)

I’ll be honest I haven’t a clue... I had what I would have considered a strong offer back in 2012... but as you say where do you go to find another

I do know of a few others which are ultra low too though

NotKG

Banned
that would be my daily.
blue one in comber runs about in the summer. old fella had it died, someone else is driving it last year. seems to be a fair weather runner

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
that would be my daily.
blue one in comber runs about in the summer. old fella had it died, someone else is driving it last year. seems to be a fair weather runner
It was initially my daily... but quickly realised it would go downhill quickly with the miles I do 15-18k a year usually

Lee

RMS Regular
Love that. It must be lovely to drive even with standard power. I do have a soft spot for the old Vauxhalls

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Yeah small things like how tight even indicator stalks are even compared to the cavalier

Cav is lowered and quite harsh this just feels like a wallowy comfy cruiser and the big wide seats compared to the bucket type of the cav t as well

Just had timing belt and pump as well as all engine and mechanical fluids done so she’s good to go for another while too

Detailing time coming up

Reactions: Lee

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Saw the pics of it on FB Mark, looks like it rolled off the production line lol

richie_mck

RMS Regular
That’s awesome. My dad had a couple of red top calibras in the day so I’ve always had a soft spot for them.

I know it’s about keeping it oem but I can’t help think how amazing it would look with the turbo fans on it

m00k

RMS Regular
OP
m00k
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
I have spare sets of the early turbo rims lol and the Bbs 16’s off the dtm edition

But these have grown on me too

Tbh if I was modding it a slight drop on 17” speedline mistrals in a nice high power silver would be immense

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.