911 Carrera 2S 997

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Well I've been a long time admirer of 997s and have been wanting one since I first saw one . The return to the round headlights just done it for me and I thought they were perfect looking and still feel that way about them . After making my mind up that the Exige was going there was only ever going to be one replacement and that was a 997 and preferably a 3.8 C2s . When I seen this car come up and it ticked all the boxes apart from that it had black wheels but that was easily sorted . I immediately thought I'll offer him the Exige to see and to my surprise it turned out he was a lotus fan and apparently his girlfriend has an Elise that has the Exige stuff on it so lots of pics were exchanged and a phonecall and a deal was done and I was on the Liverpool boat the following evening . We got onto the M6 and headed south and luckily the roads were surprisingly clear so we got a good run down . We met up had a look round each other's cars and a drive of both then off we went but decided lets take the long way home and go via Scotland . It was a brilliant blast home and some lovely sights on the way .
Anyhow enough waffling , it's a Basalt Black C2S with the factory Aero Kit . Has a mountain of receipts and has been serviced and maintained regardless of cost . Has Bose and PASM etc . It also has a full Kline stainless exhaust system so sounds lovely when above 4K but just stock up to that . There's a receipt for £1900 just for the exhaust . As soon as I seen it on 4 Michelin Pilots I knew it was the one for me lol . I have a thing about Michelins and love them on anything. If it had been on 4 Chinese ditch finder tyres I wouldn't even have went across lol.
Soon as I got it home the black wheels were straight off and away for a Refurb to sparkle silver .Also the colour coded lip taken off and sorted as it needs to be in the plastic finish same as a gt3 just to break up the bumper a bit . Only plans now are maybe a set of eibachs to close the arch gap a tiny bit but only very slight as in 30mm max providing it doesn't cause any PASM issues or ruin the drive .
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
View attachment 173650
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
OP
Neil@rockvale
Lovely! sounded so handy having the both of you interested in each others cars.

Yes I love a swap deal it's so easy . That's how I got the Exige too , I swapped the RS focus and a little £ for it . Drive one over and drive new one home .

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Not usually a big Porsche fan, but love the look of that one. Kit and wheels all work so well on it!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
That’s just beautiful, one of my favourite shaped cars and a 3.8 as well(y)

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
OP
Neil@rockvale
Amazing mate, great taste & glad you got sorted!

Got my first swap deal last week - so efficient, so satisfying!

This looks great & yes the Eibachs just make it that bit sexier. Think it dropped mine 25>30mm.

Nice one Barry what did you get ?

Also good to hear on the Eibachs , did they still feel OK to drive with and didn't hurt the ride quality ?

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Nice one Barry what did you get ?

Also good to hear on the Eibachs , did they still feel OK to drive with and didn't hurt the ride quality ?

Swapped a Sierra 2.9 24v for a SWB Shogun that I had been after for a while!

Yes I would even go as far as to say the steering felt more direct & the car flowed through corners even more fluently. I don’t recall the comfort being jeopardised but experiences may vary with age lol

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Sounds like a handy trade for a car you wanted anyway. 997's are lovely.

Hollybrook sports cars just up the road from you have a black 997 almost identical to that. The price large! LOL

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.