What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
There's a car thread so why not? :p

I rode mine for 40miles ish, washed it then dropped it off the paddock stand. Couldn't hold it so let it go against the front porch (gently) no damage done worth caring about.

DSC_0026.JPG

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Mega fun little bikes, which version?

My old K3 took some abuse and multiple spills but came back for more.

SDC10221.jpg

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Sounds like the hard work has already been done (that 1-2 system is nice!)

*I can't believe how dear these things have got now. K3 bought in 2009 was £1500! A K6 with 14000 on it is £3500. Was clean enough but certainly not a show piece

SDC10136.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
The system isn't practical unfortunately so I am going to replace it. The pipes meet below the bash plate fine if just staying on road but hope the thrash this about the place lol. The original speedo was broken a while ago common problem from what I have researched.

The prices of these are unreal, was reading that some are even being sold more than what the original UK price was lol. They still are in production but not over here sadly. Have you still got yours? Looks good. Did you do any off roading with yours?

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Sold it on when I packed it in post car test. Quite upset by it now just looking at £

Yeah I offroaded it a fair bit, never any good at it though

warren

RMS Photographer
Started it to make sure it still works after sitting since October! Will be commuting on it this week!

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Discovered at least 5 stiff chain links that weren't there the last time I looked. Plenty of adjustment left which makes me think the last owner/s didn't pay as much attention as I do.

Too late for Santa to place a DID order :p

warren

RMS Photographer
Discovered at least 5 stiff chain links that weren't there the last time I looked. Plenty of adjustment left which makes me think the last owner/s didn't pay as much attention as I do.

Too late for Santa to place a DID order :p

I used to buy my chains online and fit them myself..... then I phoned Hurst Motorcycles to get a price and they quoted me £150 for a chain and sprocket kit fitted for the R1. Which is only about £10-15 more than what I could buy it for online.

Safe to say ill not be bothering to fit chains myself anymore lol

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
I used to buy my chains online and fit them myself..... then I phoned Hurst Motorcycles to get a price and they quoted me £150 for a chain and sprocket kit fitted for the R1. Which is only about £10-15 more than what I could buy it for online.

Safe to say ill not be bothering to fit chains myself anymore lol
Is replacing chain only an acceptable practice? The sprockets are in really good condition