First Trackskills Track Day of 2018- Sunday 4th February!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

V8

RMS Regular
Hi Folks,

We are up and running again and looking forward to a great season. All our dates are on our web site. However, our first one is on Sunday 4th February and it is already filling up well. Please drop me an email to donal@mulsanne.co.uk if you intend participating.

Cars coming to the next track day, as of 27th January 2018.

• Clio 182
• Sheane
• Peugeot 206
• Mini Cooper
• Ford Ka
• Mazda RX8
• Seat Ibiza Cupra
• Fiesta
• Kirkistown Racing Fiesta
• Suraru Impreza
• Toyota MR2
• BMW
• Peugeot 206

Cheers!

Donal.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
was down for a wee nosey, it has been about 7 years since ive last been and it was nice to be back. i don't know if it was just the first day or what but there wasn't the same high value cars that there used to be, probably less disposable income but those that were there definitely were enjoying themselves and giving it some beans. clios all looked great, the minis were consistent and quick. great battle between the white bmw 1 series and the red bmw (unsure what engine was in it). i hope to get to these more often this year now the house is built.

Reactions: V8

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: Conditions couldn't have been better at a sunny Kirkistown Circuit on the Newtownards Peninsula for the first Trackskills bring-your-own track day. There were clear sunny skies and despite the low temperatures the grip levels were good.

The turnout was decent for the first track day of the year too: 206 GTis, an RX8, a v10 M5, Leons, Fiestas and a Z4 engined 3 Series compact among others turned out along with myself in the Lotus Evora and a M135i (above).
(Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited:

Marc

RMS Moderator
great battle between the white bmw 1 series and the red bmw (unsure what engine was in it). i hope to get to these more often this year now the house is built.

Red BMW was my car, its got the 3.0 from a Z4, same as a 330i/330ci (y)

the white BMW was approx 100bhp up on mine, but Mikes car was fully road-going trim and very impressive

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
yes the 135 was rapid and i honestly think you both were quite matched, how did you fair compared to it on the back straight, you could brake later and harder!

Marc

RMS Moderator
yes the 135 was rapid and i honestly think you both were quite matched, how did you fair compared to it on the back straight, you could brake later and harder!

it had a LOT more go down the straight and through Debtors, but I have the advantage of less weight to stop as my car has quite a bit of interior removed and 2 fixed back seats in it, and with the LSD fitted I am able to get the power down out of the hairpin and was getting more of a run out of the corner.

Its a good little wagon, would love to see how it would go with an S54 from the M3 in it :laughing:

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Got to go down with a mate as passenger in his blue clio. Great fun for the clios first outing and the mates lap times were getting better every session.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looked like a good dry day!

Pretty sure I’ll have the Mini at the March one for a pre-European road trip shakedown, can’t wait!

MarkM

RMS Regular
What sort of times are the clios running?

1:10.4 is my little cups best, I know you shouldn't time it but once I crack the tens I can break it lol
I didn’t get there at all last year :worried:
53275295-465C-43F4-A85D-C0336BF7F422.png

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I lost my phone holder which I have yet to replace but Marc got a lap hand held. That is a 1.09 (in my car, not the 330 as stated) but no idea if that was quickest of the day. What I’m fairly sure of is anything around that isn’t hanging around!

E261D095-F1F4-4931-8881-11FD661E76B8.png

MarkM

RMS Regular
What app is that Mark? Looks a good job! Does it have the circuits on it or is it a case of going round and GPS works it out?

Harrys lap timer, it has all the circuits on there, you just turn up and start the app :grinning: You can buy better versions with more features and video etc but I just wanted the lap times :grinning:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Harrys lap timer, it has all the circuits on there, you just turn up and start the app :grinning: You can buy better versions with more features and video etc but I just wanted the lap times :grinning:

Ah yes, heard a few people mention it now. Must get it downloaded then, cheers (y)

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
Great day out, great to see a brave few familiar faces! Andy your Lotus is stunning, gutted I missed a passenger run in it, but the day flew in, quicker than I thought!
Marc, can't believe how well you have the compact set up! such a great package, the turn in, still amazes me! Thanks for taking me a run etc!
I lol'd at the 400bhp comment thou of the 135, that car is completely standard, not mapped, no fancy pads, no fancy tyres, a completely stock M135(320bhp), I was lucky enough to be offered a drive in it for a session, such an impressive car for a fully road going car! one of these with tyres and a map would be an animal!

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
Great day out, great to see a brave few familiar faces! Andy your Lotus is stunning, gutted I missed a passenger run in it, but the day flew in, quicker than I thought!
Marc, can't believe how well you have the compact set up! such a great package, the turn in, still amazes me! Thanks for taking me a run etc!
I lol'd at the 400bhp comment thou of the 135, that car is completely standard, not mapped, no fancy pads, no fancy tyres, a completely stock M135(320bhp), I was lucky enough to be offered a drive in it for a session, such an impressive car for a fully road going car! one of these with tyres and a map would be an animal!
its probably the 450odd NM's then that made it shift so well, the brakes in the 135 are great anyway

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
And I had this to come home to. The front left wheel centre club!

EE6465E6-92DD-41CF-9DBA-FED988700DB9.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.