MK7 Golf R

loud n low

RMS Regular
Very Nice,and glad you haven't gotten all hung up on the DSG,having watched a few YouTube videos at this point the whole gearchange fart just annoys me now.Health to enjoy.

AC

RMS Regular
These are class in white! Looks really fresh, HTD

I’m currently eyeing one up in England but need a good run in one so it’ll be up to Agnews this week.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I was after a particular pearl white 3dr DSG with leather, heated seats. 19's and a Revo stage1 in England but he would not move to my price.....................until the day after I bought mine.................typical:rolleyes:

I love my blue 5Dr anyway as it has DCC suspension

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
Welcome to the white 3dr R club! :cool: Lovely looking car, health to drive!(y)

Conor

RMS Regular
That looks absolutely fantastic lad! What a spec too, you'll have fun fiddling with that. You're spot on with the manual if it's a second/ weekend car.

Health to tune!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Was waiting for this thread! Looks great even standard Ian. Looking forward to see what you do with it, and how it'll look at Dubshed 2019 ;)

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I have a Golf R estate and the DSG can be a bit annoying. I think you made the right choice with the manual. The DSG rarely wants to use the torque and seems to change down too soon. And its very slow when it comes to 3 point turns. Going from drive to reverse and vise-versa seems to take forever.
Before I had the Golf R I had an M135i, the 8 speed in that car is a million times better. Smoother and seems to always be the right gear, sometimes I used to think it was psychic.
My estate is leased through Agnews and goes back in June, so if your still thinking an estate would a perfect all rounder then there will a nice red one on the used car lot soon enough!

IMG_9802.jpg

Last edited:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Fantastic Ian, such a brilliant all rounder. Had a look around @pmk 's white R recently and just really think they are very cool cars.

Enjoy!

Reactions: pmk