RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
@Lyons we did similar to the above in dad's garage only used kitchen worktop for the working surface. Brilliant job. His vice is underslung and bolted to the metal frame (could be done from above too) but gives you peace of mind that when you are welting away with a hammer the bench won't break

thefool1983

RMS Regular
@thefool1983 Did you buy your garage as a kit or source the materials yourself?
Hi. I used a company called north antrim steelworks.
I put the slab in and did ground works and they put frame up and sheets on .
I went for insulated sandwich panels and insulated automated doors. This made it (much) more expensive. Still much cheaper than a block build though .
There are a load of companies now .
Washing bay sheds is a good website to give an idea of sizes n prices

Last edited:
Reactions: CR

iainbig

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
Got my garage 80% done last weekend
20180329_192348.jpg
20180329_192716.jpg
20180329_192716.jpg

NotKG

Banned
@Lyons
fella at dundrod (i have his number )
top is 4mm sheet steel, he also offered me 5mm and 6mm. (was just getting too heavy for my purpose.)
no flexing, but he can use heavier cross bars or "X" it
i only have one thunderbolk in each foot (but 4 holes in each)
delivered it too as he has a big van.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I've quite abit of space left over from my build to work with from the fence on the far left right over to the right hand side of that wee shed. But now the wife has decided she wants to move her salon from her dad's house so will have to add abit onto the garage I'm looking

20180412_124144.jpg

20180412_123950.jpg

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Not like it has all the words you need to find it in the title lol

I searched "Garage" for thread titles and it didn't come up, I looked through the last 5 pages of the Car Chat and Member Lounge too, odd place for it to be in Technical and Mechanical imo!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I searched "Garage" for thread titles and it didn't come up, I looked through the last 5 pages of the Car Chat and Member Lounge too, odd place for it to be in Technical and Mechanical imo!
Aye I knew to search epic garage which gets it easy lol.
Kinda is in an odd sub forum tbf

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira

thefool1983

RMS Regular
I've quite abit of space left over from my build to work with from the fence on the far left right over to the right hand side of that wee shed. But now the wife has decided she wants to move her salon from her dad's house so will have to add abit onto the garage I'm looking

View attachment 188380
View attachment 188381
Plenty of room there mate and good access. sorting groundworks and a slab should be easy enough. The steel buildings are pretty adaptable too so should be able to sort something for the wife with a wee lean-to etc as well .

NotKG

Banned
Finding it hard to judge a garage size but would a 8mx8m be a decent 2car garage with some room left over for moving around easily/storage etc?
no, not if you have the space and can afford bigger. iv a 8x12 m , wish tafk id done 12x16 now. dont second guess it, make it big. consider doing a lot yourself, i did the slab digger and cement work, then the ramp in and wired it myself, after i let a team build the metalwork.
but watching it go up, id do it myself next time.

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
Found one bench under the clutter tonight, one more to find. Major garage envy with all this 8x8m chat. Struggling with a family worth of bikes, wet suits, surf boards, camping kit and general stuff in a 3x6m single garage.
IMG-20180412-WA0001.jpeg

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Still quite a bit to do, put wall cabinets up etc but it's getting there. Everything has it's place and I know exactly where it is which is what I want. Will move some stuff around I'm sure but so far I'm well happy
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg