2010 Fazer FZ1S 1000cc

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
hey guys so my hunt was on for a new bike for summer.

I set a budget at approx £6k due to for all I will be using the bike due to lack of time and the kid etc

I started getting the want to get my ulimate favourite bike, S1000rr. They're overpriced but was willing to pay a lot over my budget to get one...

That was until I seen this extremely mint fazer 1000cc, went to see it before I was Gona check out another RR but couldn't say no to it, how clean and comfortable it is and how nice it is to ride plus it was a lot under budget...win win!

Few extras on it already including carbon belly pan, heated grips and a scot oiler.

New Tail tidy came with it but wasn't fitted.

Going to install new clear lense LED indicators, stubby exhaust and tail tidy with smaller plate.

Where do you guys recommend I get the exhaust etc?

Cheers
Joe

IMG_6700.PNG
IMG_6705.JPG

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Lovely bike mate, HTR. As for the exhaust, I've searched everywhere for one for my R6. If you're looking the likes of an akrapovic or arrow ect, nowhere seems to do them dirt cheap as such. The prices only vary about £10 across all retailers. I found A16 exhaust's get great reviews though, they sound impressive from youtube videos and are fairly cheap for a nice looking exhaust

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Lovely :grinning: Black widow/Delkevic etc are as good as anything else these days. The exhaust market is much more open from the big boys that used to be a must have, Akrapovic/Scorpion/Yoshimura/Leo Vince/Arrow etc etc

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Lovely :grinning: Black widow/Delkevic etc are as good as anything else these days. The exhaust market is much more open from the big boys that used to be a must have, Akrapovic/Scorpion/Yoshimura/Leo Vince/Arrow etc etc

Have just checked out the black widow website, seem good value. Il YouTube what they sound like and maybe order end can today (y)

I prefer the stubby ones instead of the longer type.. is there a difference in them both, is the stubby louder or what?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Stubby would definitely be a deeper tone at the very least, to the point where keeping the baffle in might be required to remain sociable. A longer can (say 300mm) would be different again, different to stock but could probably get away with the baffle out.

I say this, as nobody buys aftermarket systems to keep the baffles in even though technically we should be (y)

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Stuck in which one too choose, think the first one would suit the bike better being all black but I had similar to the second one on my R6 and it was a beast.

What yous think??
IMG_6722.PNG
IMG_6723.PNG
IMG_6724.PNG
IMG_6725.PNG

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I've been told by previous owner I need to remove the ex-up valve?

He Kina explained that to me but is there any parts I need to order except one of the above cans or do I need something else to stop light coming on on dash?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I have no idea tbh, the exup used to be well below the link pipe but if it's closer to the can you may well need a servo eliminator to stop limp mode/EML

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I have no idea tbh, the exup used to be well below the link pipe but if it's closer to the can you may well need a servo eliminator to stop limp mode/EML

What is that and where do I get?

I take it it's easy enough to do and don't need someone to do this for me if I'm used to tickering?

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Getting sensible!

They are a great bike.........I had a 2002 Fazer 1000cc in black with flat bars, heated grips and a carbon exhaust, brilliant bike for long trips and quick enough. I looked for a nice FZ1 years ago but never found one.

Good luck with it.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Depends where the valve is, if it's on the can side then yes if it's on the header side before the link pipe then shouldn't do

Grab me a closeup pic of the exhaust from both sides, I'm near sure the valve is can side..

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Just paid full years insurance there now also.

Want to order small plate for tail tidy and 4 clear LED indicators and that's me for today.

They will fit tail tidy ok but will they fit the original housing on the front or will I need to make them fit some how?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Who wants to help fit for a few beer tokens?

Located in glengormley
I'll help :grinning: If you want, gather all the bits and we can make a session of it in one go.

Just paid full years insurance there now also.

Want to order small plate for tail tidy and 4 clear LED indicators and that's me for today.

They will fit tail tidy ok but will they fit the original housing on the front or will I need to make them fit some how?
You'll need a set of these Lextek Motorcycle Products - Indicator Spacers Per Set for Yamaha for YAMAHA FZ1 2010

And one of these to keep the flash rate sweet: Lextek Motorcycle Products - LED Indicator Relay 2 pin for YAMAHA FZ1 2010

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.