Octavia vRS 245 Combi

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Took custody of the new dadwagon last week and really enjoying it so far! It was a bloody long wait since I placed the order in October last year at 201 days.

Being a 245 it has a few extras over the standard VRS.

Bigger brakes and the VAQ limited slip diff make a great difference over my old MK2.

Power delivery is much improved with 45 bhp more than I'm used too, and much better throttle response.

All the chrome being eliminated makes it much closer to my taste too.

IMG_20180513_203737.jpg
IMG_20180513_203726.jpg
IMG_20180513_203742.jpg
IMG_20180513_203753.jpg
IMG_20180513_154718_909.jpg
IMG_20180510_164712.jpg
IMG_20180510_164720.jpg

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
Took custody of the new dadwagon last week and really enjoying it so far! It was a bloody long wait since I placed the order in October last year at 201 days.

Being a 245 it has a few extras over the standard VRS.

Bigger brakes and the VAQ limited slip diff make a great difference over my old MK2.

Power delivery is much improved with 45 bhp more than I'm used too, and much better throttle response.

All the chrome being eliminated makes it much closer to my taste too.

View attachment 192447 View attachment 192448 View attachment 192449 View attachment 192450 View attachment 192451 View attachment 192452 View attachment 192453

Lovely motor. I’ve been chasing one of these for ages and Skoda doesn’t want to sell me one

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Moon white Cormac,
It's lovely when the light hits it and you see the metal flake, but otherwise it's just a really vibrant white.

Glad to see you finally got it. What white is it?

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Lovely motor. I’ve been chasing one of these for ages and Skoda doesn’t want to sell me one

The residuals seem to be dropping out the arse of the used ones. Already seen one for 21k!

I'd say order books will be open for them again soon though or they'll be replaced with something else.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Just noticing this now. Looks great! Mine is built and awaiting delivery 4 weeks from now.

The estate just looks the business!

You will have to tell me all about the toys on it.

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
There are 25 for sale on AutoTrader...... almost new

I wanted a green dsg estate one with a few extras. To be honest the way Skoda in England have acted so far doesn’t give me great faith in aftercare if something goes wrong. Pity though I really think they’re a lovely motor.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Just noticing this now. Looks great! Mine is built and awaiting delivery 4 weeks from now.

The estate just looks the business!

You will have to tell me all about the toys on it.

TBH I'm still finding everything haha! The MIB2 headunit's menus are extensive and Android Audio is nice, its just a shame its a cabled option only!

Lovely, nice to have better brakes and a diff too :grinning:

They both make a HUGE difference over the MK2FL... Turn in is much better and braking confidence is huge :grinning:

Spotted you this evening around 17.30 round the back of RBAI
Ah yea, was called out of work to head up to casualty in Childrens with the wee man as hes' not well at all. So sorry If i didnt see you!!

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Few wee silly bits ordered as its a lease what I can do is limited.

Boot liner to protect the boot from all the shieeeeete that will get carted around in it
PPF Bumper protector to minimise the scratches on the "loading area"

LED Indicators ,Reverse and interior lights will be ordered as well. Everything else is LED so seems weird that these are not!

Really liking it so far, certainly seems alot livlier than the 245PS claim would have you believe. I know there have beem a few reports of these touching 260+ in Germany and other places.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Some boring AF updates.... but still happy with them!

Boot liner fitted, already has a spillage so very happy its fully water proof. Still thinking of adding a rubber liber too.
Clear Paint Protection fitted too. Nice easy wee job.
IMG_20180520_122303.jpg
IMG_20180520_122250.jpg

I've added some LED side repeaters too, no videos but they're much more visible and suit the lights better!
IMG_20180521_091811.jpg

I've treated it to a couple of coat of Fusso coat99.
Good old RainX on the windows an Anachem Ultragloss on the tires.

I went to see @Neil@rockvale at the weekend and fitted a shorter length front plate to suit the front bumper with some @Boabybooster approved Metro fonts.
IMG_20180603_141142.jpg
IMG_20180602_232119.jpg

Deleted member 13907

D
Lovely motor! Few of the Mk3 FLs have really caught my eye, but that really looks great!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Really smart looking car. Where did you get the boot liner? I need one for the golf.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.