Lotus Cars 70th Anniversary at Hethel

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Definitely up for a run Andy! Even if this event is full we could go on an RMS exclusive factory visit :cool: May actually be a better option anyway.

There's been a lot of talk on Lotus forums about the lack of celebration from the factory - a marketing event at Goodwood and that's pretty much it, nothing for the fans/owners. Great to see they are finally doing something for the owners as well.

Hethel is obviously the natural choice but it's a small site with limited space. It's already "sold out" according to the web site.

Some local clubs have had anniversary runs, but unfortunately the biggest annual Lotus get-together, the Lotus Festival at Brands, is having a hiatus this year of all years, lol.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Definitely a brand that has got underneath my skin, our local Lotus dealer was in touch with me about this event.

Lotus 70th Anniversary Party

Celebrating 70 years of Lotus, should be a spectacular event and I'm hoping to get a run over to it. Lotus owners that come to mind @svensktoppen @PhilGT_2008
Most of us at Hethel aren't even allowed to park on site for the event, unless we own a Lotus. We get a decent discount though so who knows. We underlings have a park and ride service. Look me up Andrew.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
It is. If you want tickets, Simon Duckett at Ballyrobert Lotus (Bangor) is the man to speak to.

Unlikely I can take the exige which is a real shame but personal commitments prevent it. Hoping to fly over for the day.

Ryanair is reasonable to Stansted. Heading over with @Robert

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Ballyrobert also offered me two tickets but cant go unfortunately. Nice of them to offer though.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Seems to be plenty of tickets available from dealers if anyone is still interested. They are "guest tickets" for parking off-site with plenty of space and shuttle bus to Hethel.

The tickets for parking at the factory are long gone.

Sharkey

RMS Regular
I got a phone call from Ballyrobert as well. Gutted I cant go for im away on Holidays. I asked them if I went could I drive round the test track to which the guy said he would ask them lol I don't think he did.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The answer to that is a no, lol :innocent:

I believe they do have days where you can test drive the current range for a small fee, but they would be more for marketing than actual track days.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Just booked to fly over for the event. If anyone else is heading and wants to meet up for a yarn at the airport etc drop me a PM.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Won't be able to make it on that day :sob:

But will make that factory visit this year!

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Just booked to fly over for the event. If anyone else is heading and wants to meet up for a yarn at the airport etc drop me a PM.
Be interested to hear your thoughts on it when you get back.
I can't go this time. I have been round the factory before and its worth a visit.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Just got booked in for a factory and heritage tour on Monday for me and wee Princess :cool:
Look me up chum. I'll come say
7E4.jpg

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Can’t wait Del!
I'm gutted I have to come home this weekend :worried:
Sorry about the parking pass - we were promised a white on-site pass, but I think the organizers realised they would be abused and sold on the black market.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
They're pulling out the classics from all over Hethel today and some strangely-coloured modern stuff has come off the line too. @pablo , swap for your iPhone X?
20180928_095528.jpg
20180928_095459.jpg

Oops, I just passed a sign at security that states " no photography on site"

I retract my recent photographic evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, I tried to take a picture of the old main entrance that's not even used any more (just a shop), at the back of the building where Princess was born, and got a right old telling off :joy:

That looks like a fantastic track programme!

It was like a summer day yesterday, hope you all get a great time :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.