2007 Jerez Black BMW E92 M3

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Picked this up yesterday to replace my M4

Always fancied a V8 so thought good time to scratch that itch also with the M4 I missed being able to mess about with it too much with fear of invalidating the warranty so this is a car I can mess about with.

It’s a pretty well specced M3 with high beam assistant and the individual audio option which was a step up from Harman Kardon so its definitely a great system.

Spec list

Options
S1CAA Selection Of COP Relevant Vehicles
S1CBA CO2 Package
S1CDA Brake Energy Regeneration
S223A Electronic Damper Control EDC
S2MDA M Drive
S2MTA M LM RAEDER DOPPELSPEICHE 220 MMB
S2PAA Wheel Bolt Retainer
S302A Alarm System
S358A Climate Comfort Windscreen
S423A Floor Mats Velours
S428A Warning Triangle And First Aid Kit
S441A Smoker Package
S490A Adjuster Backrest Width
S493A Storage Compartment Package
S494A Seat Heating Driverpassenger
S4AEA Armrest Front Retractable
S508A Park Distance Control PDC
S521A Rain Sensor
S563A Light Package
S5ACA Highbeam Assistant
S609A Navigation System Professional
S612A BMW Assist
S616A BMW Online
S620A Voice Control
S633A Preparation Mobile Phone Business
S694A Provisions For BMW 6 CD Changer
S6FLA USBAudio Interface
S752A Individual Audio System
L812A National Version England Ireland
S850A DummySALAPA
S863A Retailer Directory Europe
S877A Delete Crosspattern Operation
S880A Onboard Vehicle Literature English
S8S2A Coding Alarm Signal
S8S3A Automatic Locking When Driving Off
S8SMA Car Ident Number Visible From Outside
S8SPA Control Unit COP

First manual M I have owned an have to say I am enjoying it but just taking some time to adjust from the DCT.

Plans I have for it:

Retrofit the CIC iDrive the older CCC iDrive is ancient in comparision.
Fit LCI tail light
F10 M5 gear knob
Get the steering wheel retrimmed
Refurb the wheels - Unsure to do this or replace with comp pack wheels but theres 4 good Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it at the moment.

Few wee things also need doing:
Need to give it a service this weekend the going to send for an oil inspection
Fit a new battery the car still has the original battery which is 11 years old and I am getting a battery warning every now again

504AAD53-F336-49C4-8568-60F269AC931B.jpeg
0300105B-8944-4630-BD44-EE5B145DC22B.jpeg
A1E272C4-6AA3-46A9-94BB-6FAE88078007.jpeg
C6574740-5D9C-4154-959F-70AD77771AA8.jpeg
F3A0A252-65A7-4608-B417-505F1AB71701.jpeg
2A8A1E50-30C5-47E4-A62E-17CA7F8DBE9B.jpeg
B601DA09-15B8-49EC-8A0A-B9A6F2067DB5.jpeg
DBAB3F24-1999-4922-8F06-DF72AB29E2E7.jpeg

First piece of the CIC retrofit puzzle.

C33B4B6D-0C06-4EE3-9FD3-6FFE364AD873.jpeg

The new iDrive controller doesn’t fit into the old trim piece. These are quite hard got and BMW wanted 300 quid for a new one. Got this for 40. Bargain :grinning:

Last edited:

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Well that’s just lovely. Love a Jerez black one on the 18” wheels. So purposeful - do the deed.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Very nice Chris ! Defo a car you needed to own at some point and they are great fun

j44nty

RMS Regular
Picked this up yesterday to replace my M4

Always fancied a V8 so thought good time to scratch that itch also with the M4 I missed being able to mess about with it too much with fear of invalidating the warranty so this is a car I can mess about with.

It’s a pretty well specced with high beam assistant and the individual audio option

Spec list

Options
S1CAA Selection Of COP Relevant Vehicles
S1CBA CO2 Package
S1CDA Brake Energy Regeneration
S223A Electronic Damper Control EDC
S2MDA M Drive
S2MTA M LM RAEDER DOPPELSPEICHE 220 MMB
S2PAA Wheel Bolt Retainer
S302A Alarm System
S358A Climate Comfort Windscreen
S423A Floor Mats Velours
S428A Warning Triangle And First Aid Kit
S441A Smoker Package
S490A Adjuster Backrest Width
S493A Storage Compartment Package
S494A Seat Heating Driverpassenger
S4AEA Armrest Front Retractable
S508A Park Distance Control PDC
S521A Rain Sensor
S563A Light Package
S5ACA Highbeam Assistant
S609A Navigation System Professional
S612A BMW Assist
S616A BMW Online
S620A Voice Control
S633A Preparation Mobile Phone Business
S694A Provisions For BMW 6 CD Changer
S6FLA USBAudio Interface
S752A Individual Audio System
L812A National Version England Ireland
S850A DummySALAPA
S863A Retailer Directory Europe
S877A Delete Crosspattern Operation
S880A Onboard Vehicle Literature English
S8S2A Coding Alarm Signal
S8S3A Automatic Locking When Driving Off
S8SMA Car Ident Number Visible From Outside
S8SPA Control Unit COP

First manual M I have owned an have to say I am enjoying it but just taking some time to adjust from the DCT.

Plans I have for it:

Retrofit the CIC iDrive the older CCC iDrive is ancient in comparision.
Fit LCI tail light
F10 M5 gear knob
Get the steering wheel retrimmed
Refurb the wheels - Unsure to do this or replace with comp pack wheels but theres 4 good Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it at the moment.

Few wee things also need doing:
Need to give it a service this weekend the going to send for an oil inspection
Fit a new battery the car still has the original battery which is 11 years old and I am getting a battery warning every now again

View attachment 214721 View attachment 214722 View attachment 214723 View attachment 214724 View attachment 214725 View attachment 214726 View attachment 214727 View attachment 214728

First piece of the CIC retrofit puzzle.

View attachment 214729

The new iDrive controller doesn’t fit into the old trim piece. These are quite hard got and BMW wanted 300 quid for a new one. Got this for 40. Bargain :grinning:
Lovely car
Check for a recall on the battery terminals and wiring as our e93 is just out from having it done. Maybe not an issue on the m but worth a shout

Yeah competition wheels and no lci upgrades keep it period gets my vote

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lovely! The lci lights will make such a difference. I got mine from carparts4less for £290.

I agree with the above comments, definitely keep those wheels, much classier than comps.

Gemma

RMS Regular
@AlpineF30 very nice :laughing:

Yes check for the two recalls. Battery cable and heather matrix. Fire hazard. Country garage did mine there on Tuesday :grinning:

@Lyons is it a straight over swap for the rear lights?
Also @AlpineF30 check out the 4 pipe mod!! :imp::imp:

Think I'm Gona go down that route when the house stops eating all my ******* money

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Thanks all for the kind words :grinning: I love it so far much better driving experience than the M4 feels more involving of a drive.

I am still undecided on the wheels but will rin what I have until I need new tyres at least.

@Gemma is it easy enough to check for the recall?

Had a bit of an oh **** moment earlier where the car has lit up like a christmas tree.

E69F8E1D-13CF-4B97-A245-2676CAF1751A.jpeg

As I don’t have a cable to read the codes yet, its in the post. I have had a bit of a meltdown.

Straight onto the internet to research the symptoms.

Apparently the M3 will throw these faults for most issues so that didn’t help.

However after pleading for help on another forum I have been told its either most likely to be the battery or an ABS sensor.

If the battery is too low the car will begin shutting systems down to conserve power

As I am already getting battery warnings I am hoping thats all it is.

Hooked up my charger to the car so a reading like that after coming back from a drive is leading me to believe the battery is totally goosed eapicially as the car hasn’t been used in the past 6 months by the last owner.

DBB67BBB-48F4-436F-BDA1-968552AD9255.jpeg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Your battery is defo goosed I reckon, especially as its 11 years old, that's a great innings!

Get a Varta or Bosch chucked in asap!

MarkM

RMS Regular
Thanks all for the kind words :grinning: I love it so far much better driving experience than the M4 feels more involving of a drive.

I am still undecided on the wheels but will rin what I have until I need new tyres at least.

@Gemma is it easy enough to check for the recall?

Had a bit of an oh **** moment earlier where the car has lit up like a christmas tree.

View attachment 214747

As I don’t have a cable to read the codes yet, its in the post. I have had a bit of a meltdown.

Straight onto the internet to research the symptoms.

Apparently the M3 will throw these faults for most issues so that didn’t help.

However after pleading for help on another forum I have been told its either most likely to be the battery or an ABS sensor.

If the battery is too low the car will begin shutting systems down to conserve power

As I am already getting battery warnings I am hoping thats all it is.

Hooked up my charger to the car so a reading like that after coming back from a drive is leading me to believe the battery is totally goosed eapicially as the car hasn’t been used in the past 6 months by the last owner.

View attachment 214748

If you want to use Carly to read the codes I’m happy to meet you somewhere to use mine (y)
I’ve a halfords trade card if you need a battery in a hurry

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Your battery is defo goosed I reckon, especially as its 11 years old, that's a great innings!

Get a Varta or Bosch chucked in asap!

Yeah just ordered one there to collect on Monday. Hoping thats all it is causing the ABS issues but being 3 volts down I am hoping so
If you want to use Carly to read the codes I’m happy to meet you somewhere to use mine (y)
I’ve a halfords trade card if you need a battery in a hurry

Cheers Mark I really appreciate that, where abouts are based?

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Antrim but don’t mind meeting you somewhere handy (y)
Perfect cheers :grinning: What day suits you? I am going to throw a new battery into it here on Monday or maybe tomorrow if I can get one sourced. Carly would be dead handy so I read the codes and register the new battery to the car until my cable gets here.

Gemma

RMS Regular
@AlpineF30 just ring your local BMW dealer and ask them is it due a recall, they'll ask for you vin number.
You if type your reg into the previous MOT checker, it'll tell you also if it's due recalls but I thought near enough all of them were

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
@AlpineF30 just ring your local BMW dealer and ask them is it due a recall, they'll ask for you vin number.
You if type your reg into the previous MOT checker, it'll tell you also if it's due recalls but I thought near enough all of them were
Thanks Gemma will give Bavarian a ring on Monday. If I use an aftermarket battery would they tell me to go away?