What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Did you buy it. Rang about it earlier
Yeah. Man was tortured with calls but as I had arranged a few days ago to come he gave me first shout. Just home. Seems a very good car with a good folder of history. Not a PPP though but I knew that anyway.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
O mine was a good example in every way, it's just I imagined they would be better at rallying. Instead I ended up with a soft, slow, unreliable car that I should have just made mint and sold on.
Fibs! you just weren't fit for her!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
:heart:
a94ed68c-8c03-444b-b983-289f6f5ccce6.jpg

Audi RS6 | Exclusive Automotive

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
This one looks good value too. Does the csl software make a big difference to the smg? Only smg box I’ve ever tried was an e60
E46 BMW M3 | in Lisburn, County Antrim | Gumtree

Flip me that is serious value!

I wouldn't buy a manual E46 M3, the SMG gearbox suits the car perfectly in my opinion. 99% of those who slag SMG have either never tried it and read nothing but other people's misinformed reports on forums, or had a quick test drive in one which really isn't enough to get used to it.

It was 2-3 weeks after buying my CSL before I 'got' the SMG box, I initially thought I had made a mistake, but after a few miles it just started to come together nicely.

Jason

RMS Regular

I wouldn't buy a manual E46 M3, the SMG gearbox suits the car perfectly in my opinion. 99% of those who slag SMG have either never tried it and read nothing but other people's misinformed reports on forums, or had a quick test drive in one which really isn't enough to get used to it.

It was 2-3 weeks after buying my CSL before I 'got' the SMG box, I initially thought I had made a mistake, but after a few miles it just started to come together nicely.
Same with our CS, couple of guys came to see our CS, didn't make an appointment so we were snowed under so couldn't go with them on a test drive to explain how to drive it correctly etc, both came back "nah don't like the box" But as you say drive it a few days and you soon get it.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Same with our CS, couple of guys came to see our CS, didn't make an appointment so we were snowed under so couldn't go with them on a test drive to explain how to drive it correctly etc, both came back "nah don't like the box" But as you say drive it a few days and you soon get it.

Is it completely different to dct?

Phil_D

RMS Regular

Completely agree with this, the SMG box is fantastic once you get used to it..

@trev 1515 its an automated manual rather than a dual clutch.