San Marino Blue M4 Competition Pack

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
ULZ 611? in the classified is a really nice reg and cheap!

Jonny

RMS Regular
Think the reason you can't fit the MPE, is that on the M3 / M4 it replaces the 2nd cats as well? If BMW even do decide to make a new model MPE, it will be backbox only to get round this, but it kind of defeats the purpose and makes it pretty pricey for not much result. @Jonny will know, since he has the MPE, Im just going by t'net, if I'm wrong about the cats?
Think the reason you can't fit the MPE, is that on the M3 / M4 it replaces the 2nd cats as well? If BMW even do decide to make a new model MPE, it will be backbox only to get round this, but it kind of defeats the purpose and makes it pretty pricey for not much result. @Jonny will know, since he has the MPE, Im just going by t'net, if I'm wrong about the cats?

My MPE for my MY18 goes as far as the cats.

D6E450DC-FE90-416F-BF48-F62AEF8F35A8.jpeg

CA8C04D6-0FF0-4847-8691-A7174DAECCB8.jpeg

F2ECA1E5-5952-4E37-B829-A503CD333DF1.jpeg

111C767F-9963-4D94-A512-5EAD97C94359.jpeg

Not sure if that helps mate. Can ask Andy if you like.

MarkM

RMS Regular

Definitely not, secondary cats are untouched by all of the aftermarket ‘car back’ zorsts. Removing them gets the noise, I’ll be going Active Autowerks cat delete mid pipe on mine :grinning:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Ooooo, well that makes it interesting then why the BMW wabs won't sell them to us MY19 boys... :weary_face:

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Ooooo, well that makes it interesting then why the BMW wabs won't sell them to us MY19 boys... :weary_face:

Changing back pressure can have an impact on emissions and with the new WLTP certification they will potentially have to certify it with the optional exhaust which is a big job

Alongside that you now are very likely to have a GPF which is even more sensitive to back pressure changes

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Changing back pressure can have an impact on emissions and with the new WLTP certification they will potentially have to certify it with the optional exhaust which is a big job

Alongside that you now are very likely to have a GPF which is even more sensitive to back pressure changes

I was thinking it might be changes to how manufacturers are allowed to have optional exhausts... that bit about certification rings a bell - something about a manufacturer not being able to offer an exhaust that is louder that the OEM fitted one, and that there was something about 'loud exhaust' buttons etc.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
I was thinking it might be changes to how manufacturers are allowed to have optional exhausts... that bit about certification rings a bell - something about a manufacturer not being able to offer an exhaust that is louder that the OEM fitted one, and that there was something about 'loud exhaust' buttons etc.

You can still have loud buttons but you have to certify in the default condition and show data that shows it doesn’t affect emissions

Again you can offer extras but you have to certify it

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Got a nice surprise from Paul at Bavarian... Because of the delays he wangled £350 out of BMW that can be spent on anything 'accessory'
:grinning:
Phone reception wasn't great so thought Paul originally said "£50" so lol'd, but suspected I'd just misheard.

A0184298_4735.jpg

bmw-mpp-interieur-02-WP.jpg.asset.1521541599703.jpg

But lose the heated wheel?

attachment.php

Not sure what to spend it on..... 8-(

MarkM

RMS Regular
Got a nice surprise from Paul at Bavarian... Because of the delays he wangled £350 out of BMW that can be spent on anything 'accessory'
:grinning:
Phone reception wasn't great so thought Paul originally said "£50" so lol'd, but suspected I'd just misheard.

A0184298_4735.jpg

bmw-mpp-interieur-02-WP.jpg.asset.1521541599703.jpg

But lose the heated wheel?

attachment.php

Not sure what to spend it on..... 8-(

I really don’t like the feel of the standard wheel, it was always being changed as I missed the alcantara AMG wheel £448 from Cotswold though, mirrors are £300, pedals are £160 (want!)

‘Real’ pics for you, mirrors are beautiful, can’t wait to Santa brings these :oops:
B1AE6296-6F55-4A36-8454-5426292067B3.jpeg

AC262EAA-442D-40E5-94FC-AEF5298DB8D2.jpeg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Mirrors would look great with the other exterior carbon. Those wheels feel great to hold though and as demonstrated by @MarkM ’s picture, really lift the interior.

Part of me hopes they extend the offer on the M4 until after I get the house move completed! :joy:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
So, all those bits then! :joy:

Was thinking of getting royal steering wheels to make me up a custom steering wheel (somehow tie alcantara, white stitching, white and black leather together, like the interior), which would mean picking up the carbon mirrors possibly then with the BMW discount.

Still browsing the catalogue.. . :eyes::innocent:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Mirrors would look great with the other exterior carbon. Those wheels feel great to hold though and as demonstrated by @MarkM ’s picture, really lift the interior.

Part of me hopes they extend the offer on the M4 until after I get the house move completed! :joy:

Paul was saying they have got a decent number of M4s secured for stock over the next quarter. .. :monkey:

:laughing:

MarkM

RMS Regular
So, all those bits then! :joy:

Was thinking of getting royal steering wheels to make me up a custom steering wheel (somehow tie alcantara, white stitching, white and black leather together, like the interior), which would mean picking up the carbon mirrors possibly then with the BMW discount.

Still browsing the catalogue.. . :eyes::innocent:

White on the wheel!!!? :-#

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Lol, well, light grey... But like Joe Achilles new steering wheel...

Screenshot_20181211-220927_Chrome.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Paul was saying they have got a decent number of M4s secured for stock over the next quarter. .. :monkey:

:laughing:
Yeah when they put the interest rate up again :p

How are you finding it? Is it run in yet?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Yeah when they put the interest rate up again :p

How are you finding it? Is it run in yet?

I'm loving it... Its much more comfortable than my megane or focus, or even my previous 335i, dct has changed my mind about having manual transmissions, and it's great fun to chuck about a bit. Still 463 miles until the 1200 mark so it'll be booked in straight after Christmas.

Thank **** for that :joy:
His looks a bit skinny though

Aye, I prefer a good bit of chunk, going to do some browsing - see what other folks have come up with, design wise.

Some folks like a skinny wheel but my hand near wraps round on itself. Don't want to be pinching the steering wheel between my fingers, lol

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I’d be going for the pedals and carbon mirror caps then have the wheel retrimmed another time.

All 3 of those mods are awesome though!