a-kem automotive

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Dry day here in dublin . so cracked out the Anachem box(y)
Sprayed the lot with articulate , and powerhosed off then hit with UltraGloss,
hosed down and left to dry off,
Hybrid on the bodywork and wheel trims,
Hydraclean on the windows and headlights and fogs
All Plastics an tyres slicked,
With over half a million Kms nothing comes close to anachem products when cleaning and getting that shine :sun:
Job Jobbed.(y)

View attachment 220991
View attachment 220987 View attachment 220988 View attachment 220990

That’s really impressive

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Dry day here in dublin . so cracked out the Anachem box(y)
Sprayed the lot with articulate , and powerhosed off then hit with UltraGloss,
hosed down and left to dry off,
Hybrid on the bodywork and wheel trims,
Hydraclean on the windows and headlights and fogs
All Plastics an tyres slicked,
With over half a million Kms nothing comes close to anachem products when cleaning and getting that shine :sun:
Job Jobbed.(y)

View attachment 220991
View attachment 220987 View attachment 220988 View attachment 220990
Awesome! :cool:

Dan.86

RMS Regular
I know it’s been mentioned before but where is cheap to get a reliable hand pump sprayer? Just for using ultra gloss so 1.5 litre is more than enough.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Any gardening place or hardware store. Ross used to sell some, don't know if he still does.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I’ve just got the 7lt ones from screwfix. One for articulate and one for Ultragloss.

£10 screwfix @Dan.86

B41AA2DF-4E2B-47B2-8BCE-EE32EC2A749B.jpeg

Last edited:

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I know it’s been mentioned before but where is cheap to get a reliable hand pump sprayer? Just for using ultra gloss so 1.5 litre is more than enough.

I got a 5L pump sprayer job outta Homebase, was cheap so want expect good much. Brilliant job for applying Articulate and has lasted about 18 months so far.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Going to do the job with purge and tar remover soon. What's the best way, apply to a clean car? So wash and rinse car then is it purge first or terminator first. Then does it need washed again or what's best.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Going to do the job with purge and tar remover soon. What's the best way, apply to a clean car? So wash and rinse car then is it purge first or terminator first. Then does it need washed again or what's best.
Yes, clean and dry the car first otherwise you are just attacking dirt on the surface rather than fallout/tar.

I would Purge, let it sit for 10 mins then powerhose off. Then repeat for Tarminator, really you should only need to spray the tar remover on the lower part of the car. Then finish with a full wash and a coat of Hybrid to bring the gloss out/seal it.

Job jobbed.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Our try Lazer instead of Tarminator :innocent:

For the full house:

Spray on Lazer - liberally.
Spray Articulate on top - liberally.
Purge on the wheels.
Foam on top of the lot.
Power hose.
Gleam and a bucket.
Ultragloss, rinse and dry.
Trim, hydraclean, tyre slick, as required
Hybrid

That's what I did to the Audi the other day :innocent:

To be honest I don't think Lazer/Tarminator are necessary at all.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Busy day today!

Had a set of Eagle F1 Asymetric 3s to get on the Pretorias, so took advantage to give the wheels and the car a good clean and seal.

Started by cleaning the wheels, then hit them with Purge (wheels aren’t that old so very little fallout). While I was doing this I Purged the brake disks and callipers.

837D22BE-2C79-43EE-9E3E-7D7CF120A61E.jpeg

88BA7E23-C320-4AC2-A287-075C3C069047.jpeg

After that I made a mix of Ultrafoam and Articualte and sprayed it up into the arches and underneath the car.

D1D82BE0-05EE-4E62-AFE8-712381394E12.jpeg

FEE77645-0B35-4346-8C2B-32C44D5C6DF2.jpeg

Rinsed and dried it all before giving the hubs and callipers a fresh coat of paint. Also used Trim for the plastic arches.

AFEDA224-53C9-49EB-8D95-B8C2813A8C3C.jpeg

Finished the wheels with a few coats of Hybrid and put Ultraslick on the tyres.

9CDD5261-CBCD-4ED2-AECA-BC29593C9CE3.jpeg

A6C28091-8587-464B-BDE8-EE7BCF473331.jpeg

Everything used was Anachem and it made very easy work of it!!

Now I need a lie down

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Are there any waxes or sealing agents in Ultragloss? I have freshly painted panels that is don't want to wax for a few weeks.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Car smells better than me after Gleam, Hybrid and 'new scent' today.

Had guests arriving so didn't film the drying (blue towel is awesome) or Hybrid / Clearview stages

Need some tyre slick and trim next!

LRM_EXPORT_414611253575847_20190112_175728663.jpeg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Are there any waxes or sealing agents in Ultragloss? I have freshly painted panels that is don't want to wax for a few weeks.
Yes mate, there is a mild sealing agent, as well as water dispersal chemicals as well as a couple of other surfactants and carriers.

I’d leave your panels for a couple of weeks.

Be careful of some shampoos (like my original green shampoo) which had added waxes.

My new gleam+ is a pure shampoo with no wax additives

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Yes mate, there is a mild sealing agent, as well as water dispersal chemicals as well as a couple of other surfactants and carriers.

I’d leave your panels for a couple of weeks.

Be careful of some shampoos (like my original green shampoo) which had added waxes.

My new gleam+ is a pure shampoo with no wax additives

Cheers, Ross, I never used Gloss today then. Car just had a quick wash with the usual trio, Articulate, Foam and Gleam.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Will Purge and Tarminator work ok on a wet car. I'm thinking wash the car but if I then dry it I know I won't want to do the purge and re wash stage. If I purge it after the first wash there is more chance of it happening.