2019 Events Thread - Know about an event Post them Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
What about a Rms event or club stand type things at shows ? Is that even still a thing ?
Absolutely. If there’s enough interest for a particular show we can approach organisers and get a stand arranged.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Absolutely. If there’s enough interest for a particular show we can approach organisers and get a stand arranged.

Cool. Used to be a lot more common than now, it’s rarely mentioned these days. Has there been stands at any of the bigger shows recently ? Like dubshed, JCC, built, ucs,etc

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Cool. Used to be a lot more common than now, it’s rarely mentioned these days. Has there been stands at any of the bigger shows recently ? Like dubshed, JCC, built, ucs,etc
We had a few cars at Built actually. However a card and coffee/BBQ relaxed come and go day out is far more warmly received so go we go with what most want to do.

If you have a particular show in mind and want to organise a stand, more than welcome.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
We had a few cars at Built actually. However a card and coffee/BBQ relaxed come and go day out is far more warmly received so go we go with what most want to do.

If you have a particular show in mind and want to organise a stand, more than welcome.

Ye of course, it was just a thought if it’s even much of a thing anymore, I think Rms must be the only surviving forum in the north, can’t think of any other car based one anyway.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Vintage, Classic and Sports Car Show
Slieve Donard Hotel
Friday 25th – Sunday 27th January

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Vintage, Classic and Sports Car Show
Slieve Donard Hotel
Friday 25th – Sunday 27th January

Was just about to post that myself, just got the call to bring a car earlier there!

@Cooper you messaged me on Facebook about Dromara show, its on Saturday 8th June.

Les Graham

RMS Regular
Down Autograss 2019 Race Dates:

Sat 25th & Sun 26th May
Sat 15th & Sun 16th June
Sat 20th & Sun 21st July
Sat 17th & Sun 18th August
Sat 14th & Sun 15th September (K.O.D)
Sat 5th & Sun 6th October

All will take place at the new, even faster track outside Newry.
Track updates to follow as they become available.

Still plenty of time to work on existing cars and prep new ones for a smoother, faster race surface.

Still the biggest power to weight ratio in motorsports available in Northern Ireland

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Wheels 4 Kris

Sunday 4th August 6.30pm

5FAF95DC-F4EC-416F-B9DD-7FB0604B0C52.png

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
One for the BMW fans!

I’ve been a member of the BMW Car Club GB for a while. Each region of the UK has its own representative who organises local meets etc. The Ireland section of the club has been dormant for years. No body has wanted to run it.
Until now, someone has finally taken the reins.
The first meet is at Bavarian on the 6th of July.
It should be good. I’ve heard rumours that 2 very rare and very well known BMW’s from Southern Ireland might be attending. :monkey:

6DEDCBAB-EBDC-4406-B3B3-8A10BA5F677D.png

8F314361-0D4A-4F0A-BEA1-C4B2ED8C6084.png

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Classic Car & Restoration Show

Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show. NEC arena Birmingham 22nd - 24th March.
Has anyone been to this show before?
I’ve been invited to show the 2002tii at the BMW Car Club GB stand. Not sure what to do, it’s a big commitment to leave a car there over 3 days. Do I drop it off Thursday then fly home until Sunday, then collect it. Or stay 3 nights in a hotel and be there everyday at the club stand? It’s a bit unfair to leave the missus at home, considering I have 2 young kids. And bringing them along would be expensive and they would be super bored. Not sure what to do.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Wonder if kerrs Tyres are doing anything or happy to open there yard for Rms to hold something. Think they done it a few year ago

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Classic Car & Restoration Show

Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show. NEC arena Birmingham 22nd - 24th March.
Has anyone been to this show before?
I’ve been invited to show the 2002tii at the BMW Car Club GB stand. Not sure what to do, it’s a big commitment to leave a car there over 3 days. Do I drop it off Thursday then fly home until Sunday, then collect it. Or stay 3 nights in a hotel and be there everyday at the club stand? It’s a bit unfair to leave the missus at home, considering I have 2 young kids. And bringing them along would be expensive and they would be super bored. Not sure what to do.

As nice as it is to be asked to show your car, what’s the benefit to you and your family...? All I can see is cost, inconvenience and loss of your time.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
As nice as it is to be asked to show your car, what’s the benefit to you and your family...? All I can see is cost, inconvenience and loss of your time.

There’s pros and cons. I was going to go to the show anyway but only for one day.
My dads keen to go with me so I think I’m gonna do it. The missus is heading away to a hen party in Edinburgh in May, so now we’re even. :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.