Vectra SRi CDTi 150bhp

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Sits at a nice height now. from personal experience, wheel alignment needs done now
That was the next stop after the MOT wash this morning lol. The passenger side was covered in grease from the split CV boots, hence why I got the wash done first. Didn’t want the poor mechanic to get dirty lol

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
That was the next stop after the MOT wash this morning lol. The passenger side was covered in grease from the split CV boots, hence why I got the wash done first. Didn’t want the poor mechanic to get dirty lol

Get some penetrating spray on the rear toe and camber bolts.

mine were rusted solid and had to all be replaced.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Get some penetrating spray on the rear toe and camber bolts.

mine were rusted solid and had to all be replaced.
Yea the guy at the tyre place I used didn’t want to touch them because in his experience they’ve all broke. He also said in his experience the rear toe bolts tend to seize inside the bush on the toe arm.

So I’ve started looking at replacements for the toe arms & bolts and a new set of bolts for the camber arms too.

Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Today I installed a rear view camera to the Vectra. Getting fed up opening and then hanging out of the drivers door to see how close I am to other stuff. For some reason I find this car hard to gauge how big the arse is on her, so this is just to help me make sure I don’t got too far.
AA089C66-EB67-40B0-BACC-B87DEA5F2F0A.jpeg
2073E275-1866-42D4-A6A3-9107BB0E9199.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Looks good do you wire it into the reverse sensor on the gearbox then and it comes on automatically?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Today I installed a rear view camera to the Vectra. Getting fed up opening and then hanging out of the drivers door to see how close I am to other stuff. For some reason I find this car hard to gauge how big the arse is on her, so this is just to help me make sure I don’t got too far.View attachment 222950 View attachment 222952
Aren't you the loon who made a point of making your Vectra OEM audio a page or two back?
:laughing:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Looks good do you wire it into the reverse sensor on the gearbox then and it comes on automatically?
No mate, I have the head unit connected to the car via a Connects2 adapter which is plug and play. The factory radio harness in the car must be linked to the handbrake and reverse switches, as the Connects2 loom has two wires labelled as the aforementioned to allow you to wire the camera in at the head unit end.

But yes, it does come on automatically as you select reverse. Lol The Connects2 was pricey, but so far worth it.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
I believe my DisAstra sports a similar device in the number-plate light space. It cuts the light thrown in a downwardly direction so much folks remark that I Have a light out!
Yea I’ve noticed there’s a distinct drop in light output. I’ve toured with the idea of stripping it apart and putting tinfoil inside the lamp unit to see if that can reflect a little more light. Might be an exercise in futility though.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
You could try what I did with mine.

I was sick and tired of replacing the LED 501 bulbs in my number plate lights, so I had these lying around from another project.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KAWELL-Uni...dpPl=1&dpID=51+GslENojL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

I chopped open the housing and fitted one in each fitting. I epoxied them in, not pretty but effective.

Been 2 months and about 3500 miles and they are 100% still.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Bloody impressive output! Giving me ideas here lol.

Today I took delivery of this little bush removal/fitting tool. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get this pesky lower rear hub bush (top of pic) replaced.
93CD970E-C50B-43A7-9E7F-A61233A751B5.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Seems the old bush was just a little bit worn! :eek:

New one in and the whole job went much quicker and smoother than expected lol.

So now I “believe” she’s more or less MOT ready. There’s a couple of ropey looking bushes in the rear banana arms, but no play in them, so I’ll leave them be unless the MOT tester decides he doesn’t like them lol.
2A60C5BF-AFCA-4414-9D49-98F65E96AE00.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
So the big girl failed MOT on a few things. Inside faces of the front discs were “badly pitted”. He wasn’t lying!.
8DF217B5-7F2C-4DA4-8910-95D8EFAD5D63.jpeg

Whilst I had this side stripped I replaced the wheel bearing, hoping it’s only the one I need, it’s been hard to narrow down which side of the car the noise was coming from.
A80E41BC-D06E-4656-A530-F2E4602F6E6D.jpeg

As usual play has stopped as I’ve to collect the kids from school here.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
blimey that disc looks a bit rough!
Yea, I mentioned it to a fella I know and he said the tester must have been a right **** to go looking for this through the dust shield etc ..... but honesty I’m glad he did.

After all I do have my kids in the car with me!

Explains why the braking performance wasn’t what I expected it to be!